- 1. vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion: "couples were dancing to the music"
- 2. the written or printed signs representing vocal or instrumental sound: "Tony learned to read music"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
- an art form consisting of sequences of sounds in time, esp tones of definite pitch organized melodically, harmonically, rhythmically and according to tone colour
- the sounds so produced, esp by singing or musical instruments
- written or printed music, such as a score or set of parts
- any sequence of sounds perceived as pleasing or harmonious
Music definition is - the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity.
Music definition, an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color. See more.
The Websters definition of music is a typical example: "the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity" (Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, online edition).
music definition: 1. a pattern of sounds made by musical instruments, voices, or computers, or a combination of…. Learn more.
Define music. music synonyms, music pronunciation, music translation, English dictionary definition of music. n. 1. The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre....
Music is the pleasing sound created by voices or instruments following some tonal structure. If you sing, whistle, or play an instrument, you are making music. You can also write music using the specific language of notes.
What does music mean? Music stimulates the areas of the brain that are responsible for your thinking, planning, and analyzing, thereby improvi...
Jul 30, 2020 · Music is a collection of coordinated sound or sounds. Making music is the process of putting sounds and tones in an order, often combining them to create a unified composition. People who make ...
- 6 min
- related to: music definition
shop.alwaysreview.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month