- National Gallery
Discover the best things to do.
Book the perfect experience today.
Your Official Ticket Retailer!
VIP, skip-the-line & mobile tickets
Adventures in 7,500+ destinations
Grab skip-the-line tickets & tours!
Get the most from your sightseeing.
Book top-rated tours with VIP entry
- National Gallery
The National Gallery is an art museum in Trafalgar Square in the City of Westminster, in Central London. Founded in 1824, it houses a collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13th century to 1900. The Gallery is an exempt charity, and a non-departmental public body of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Gallery
The National Gallery, London. Welcome We are reopening on 17 May. Admission free - book before you visit. Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN ...
The National Gallery is an art museum in Trafalgar Square in the City of Westminster, in Central London. Founded in 1824, it houses a collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13th century to 1900. The Gallery is an exempt charity, and a non-departmental public body of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
According to Tripadvisor travelers, these are the best ways to experience National Gallery: The National Gallery of London Guided Museum Tour - Semi-Private 8ppl Max (From $97.38) Impressionists in London: on the footsteps of Monet and Turner (From $97.64) Private Tour, Highlights of The National Gallery, popular with families (From $242.15)
- Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN
The National Gallery Collection contains over 2,300 works, including many famous works, such as van Eyck’s 'Arnolfini Portrait', Velázquez’s 'Rokeby Venus', Turner’s 'Fighting Temeraire' and Van Gogh’s 'Sunflowers'.
- Trafalgar Square Charing Cross, London WC2N 5DN UK
National Gallery, art museum in London that houses Great Britain’s national collection of European paintings. It is located on the north side of Trafalgar Square, Westminster. The National Gallery was founded in 1824 when the British government bought a collection of 38 paintings from the estate of
The National Gallery, London is an art gallery in London, England, which has one of the finest collections of European paintings in the world.What makes this gallery so important is that, although there are bigger galleries, The National Gallery has many paintings of very high quality and also because it has paintings by famous artists whose works are very rare.
The National Gallery of Art serves the nation by welcoming all people to explore and experience art, creativity, and our shared humanity. Admission is always free.
- Virgin of the rocks – Leonardo Da Vinci (room 66) What a start: the first unmissable painting at the National Gallery is the famous Virgin of the rocks, by Leonardo.
- Mars and Venus – Botticelli (room 58) Walking back to the room 65, we turn right into the room 58, where this amazing work of Botticelli can be found.
- Samson and Delilah – Rubens (room 18) What a contrast from the ethereal beauty of Botticelli’s figures, to the muscular strength of Rubens! To reach the room 18, first we need to leave the Sainsbury Wing, enter the room 9 and turn left towards the yellow zone.
- Lady standing at a virginal – Vermeer (room 16) Vermeer is considered one of the most important Flemish painters of the XVII century. His most famous painting – Girl with a Pearl Earring – is in the Art Museum of Den Haag, in the Netherlands, but this portrait of a woman standing at a virginal represents his style well.
Inspired by the example of the National Gallery, London, Mellon hoped that his gift would attract other gifts of equal significance. This wish bore fruit in 1942 with the donation of the collection of Peter A.B. Widener (1834–1915) and his son Joseph E. Widener (1872–1943). Many of the Widener paintings were purchased in the late 19th ...
getyourguide.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
booking.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month