Neilia Hunter Biden (July 28, 1942 – December 18, 1972) was an American teacher and the first wife of Joe Biden, the 46th and current president of the United States.She died in an automobile crash in 1972 along with her one-year-old daughter, Naomi.
Neilia's father, Robert Neil Hunter, owned the Genesee Street restaurant in Auburn, New York, Hunter's Diner. He also owned a car dealership and was an upstate New York Conservative Republican. Joe married Neilia partially because he needed a familly to have a winning senatorial run and financial backing from her father.
- Neilia Biden Was Driving to Get a Family Christmas Tree When the Tragedy Occurred. The tragedy dates back decades to 1972; Joe Biden had just been elected to the U.S. Senate in Delaware when his first wife, Neilia Hunter Biden, decided to take the couple’s three children – sons Beau and Hunter, and daughter, Naomi – to get a Christmas tree.
- The Other Driver’s Daughter Was Upset by Joe Biden’s Comments on the Crash. What caused the crash? By police accounts, it appears that it wasn’t the fault of the other driver and, contrary to comments Joe Biden has made over the years, it appears to be a tragic accident not associated with alcohol use.
- Biden Has Described Neilia as His ‘Very Best Friend’ & ‘My Sensuous Lover’ Over the years, Biden has discussed his great love for Neilia, including to the author Kitty Kelley.
- Neilia Hunter Biden Was the Daughter of Diner Owners & Married Joe Biden When He Was in Law School. According to The New Yorker, Neilia was “the daughter of diner owners in upstate New York” when she met Joe Biden in 1966.
Aug 09, 2021 · Neilia Hunter and Joe Biden met in Nassau, Bahamas, while Biden was on spring break; shortly after, Joe moved to Syracuse and began law school. The couple married on August 27, 1966, and moved to Wilmington, Delaware, where Biden served on the New Castle County Council.
Sep 29, 2020 · Neilia Hunter Biden (July 28, 1942 – December 18, 1972) was an American educator and the first wife of Joe Biden. She died in a car accident in 1972 with her infant daughter, Naomi; her two sons, Beau and Hunter, were critically injured but survived.
- Naomi Biden
- July 28, 1942
- Robert M. Hunter
- Skaneateles, NY, United States
On December 18, 1972, a few weeks after the election, Biden's wife and one-year-old daughter were killed in an automobile accident while Christmas shopping in Hockessin, Delaware. Neilia Biden's station wagon was hit by a tractor-trailer as she pulled out from an intersection; the truck driver was cleared of any wrongdoing. Biden's two sons, Beau and Hunter, were critically injured in the ...
- December 18, 1972
Jun 25, 2020 · Neilia Hunter and Joe Biden. Neilia Hunter was married to Joe Biden. In 1966, they couple meet first time with each other. Joe fell in love with Neilia Hunter, and later on, he went to study at Syracuse University Law School and married Hunter in 1966. He was a mediocre law student back then.
- 30 Years Old (Died)
- Car Accident
- Neilia Hunter Biden