People also ask
What are some new wave bands?
What is best new wave songs ever?
What are all the bands in?
What is 80s new wave music?
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
Feb 01, 2021 · So, what are the best New Wave bands? Any list of New Wave bands has to include British bands like The Cure, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Psychedelic Furs, Duran Duran, and The Police just to name a few. There are so many great New Wave bands that it's hard to limit naming them to just this few, but, that's the beauty of this list.
New wave finally died out in 1984, when established artists began to make professional videos and a new crop of guitar-oriented bands like the Smiths and R.E.M. emerged to capture the attention of college-radio and underground rock fans.
This is a list of new wave groups and artists from the United States. Pages in category "American new wave musical groups" The following 163 pages are in this ...
New wave is a broad music genre that encompasses numerous pop-oriented styles from the late 1970s and the 1980s. It was originally used as a catch-all for the music that emerged after punk rock, including punk itself, but may be viewed retrospectively as a more accessible counterpart of post-punk.
Pages in category "English new wave musical groups" The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 489 total. This list may not reflect recent changes ().
- The Cars. One of the original and most musically balanced torchbearers for the new wave style, the Cars both exemplified and defined new wave with their sweeping, accessible sound.
- Talking Heads. Almost all of the early New York City punk rock bands would ultimately take on the new wave descriptor, which is actually rather appropriate given the array of experimental styles found in that city's mid-'70s scene.
- Elvis Costello. A common characteristic of the most enduring artists of the new wave era, perhaps by necessity, is an overriding versatility and searching needs to test the boundaries of what pop music had to offer.
- The Police. The proximity of the Police to the punk rock revolution in England may have had as much to do with the band's inclusion in the new wave category as its reggae-inflected sound, but the trio certainly reflected the variety ultimately housed within the genre.
Oct 13, 2020 · The college-radio boom of the ’80s and indie rock of the 21st Century both owe a lot to the New Wave bands on this list. [Editor’s Note: This list was updated from its original publish in ...
- Feel-Good results for new wave bands list
- related to: new wave bands list
target.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month