People also ask
What bands were big in the 80's?
What are the names of famous 80's bands?
What are some new wave bands?
Do you know bands from the 80's?
Apr 19, 2019 · When people consider the variety of music genres that peaked during the '80s, new wave often comes up as one of the first topics of discussion. Once a term used somewhat interchangeably with punk rock, new wave eventually expanded to include almost any quirky yet mainstream pop/rock form of the first half of the decade.
Nov 17, 2019 · 1 2,048 876. 2 1,424 579. 3 869 304. 4 1,076 341. 5 1,078 435 muzziac added.
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
Jun 30, 2020 · Let's rank the best '80s new wave songs that truly defined the decade, with the help of your votes. Many people think of new wave songs when they think of the 1980s, and it's no wonder why. Tracks like Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" are the types of songs you'll always sing along to if you hear them on the radio.
Some Artists that brushed the edges of the 'New Wave' sound. U2 Peter Gabriel The Clash Billy Idol The Cure Siouxsie & The Banshees Stray Cats Echo & the Bunnymen David Bowie Greg Kihn Romantics Joy Division Gang of Four Roxy Music Kinks Public Image Ltd.
- 80s Music Retrospective from 2001youtube.com
- A Trip To Rare Hits Of The 80's Mixes Part 18 Obscure New Wave Goth Post Punkyoutube.com
- Obscure 80s New Wave - Rare Hits of The 80's - Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
- 80s New Wave Alternative Songs Mixtape Volume 1youtube.com
Described as "one of the most critically acclaimed bands of the '80s," the group helped to pioneer new wave music by integrating elements of punk, art rock, funk, and world music with avant-garde sensibilities and an anxious, clean-cut image.
Oct 13, 2020 · There was power-pop, neo-psychedelia, acid-punk, art rock and lots and lots of keyboards. While “New Wave” and “post-punk” were pretty much interchangeable terms in 1977, by the early ’80s, the...
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.