Widow asks $55M from NCAA for ex-USC football player’s death
Attorneys asked a jury Monday to award $55 million to the widow of a former USC football player in a landmark case accusing the NCAA of failing to protect him from repetitive head trauma that led to his death.
Associated Press on MSN.com
5 days ago
Sep 19, 2022 · It was Chuck Hughes from the Detroit Lions, who died at 28 on October 24, 1971. For the first three quarters of their game against the Chicago Bears, Hughes was on the sidelines. With 10 minutes...
- Jeff Gladney. Jeff Gladney's story is one of the most upsetting in recent times. Gladney was drafted in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft and was set to be a mainstay on the Minnesota Vikings' defense for years to come.
- Shane Olivea. Shane Olivea was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in 2004, after a raft of injuries saw him drop to the seventh round. He was able to play 31 games in his first two seasons in the NFL, earning a huge contract worth $20 million.
- Jaylon Ferguson. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Jaylon Ferguson was pronounced dead on June 22. The cause of his death hasn't been released as yet. The former NFL player was treated by a medical crew at his home but was unresponsive and died at the scene.
- Junior Siavii. Junior Siavii was drafted in the second round of the 2004 draft by the Kansas City Chiefs, and he went on to spend six years in the league.
Nov 03, 2022 · Pro Football Hall of Famer Ray Guy -- considered to be the greatest punter in NFL history -- died Thursday morning. Guy, the only punter in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, played his entire...
Jul 12, 2022 · The Collin County (Texas) Medical Examiner's Office has determined former Cowboys running back Marion Barber 's death was caused by heat stroke, the Frisco Police Department confirmed to...
- Michael Baca
- 3 min
- Yana Grebenyuk
- NFL Tragedies of 2022: The Saddest and Most Shocking Deaths. Gone too soon. Football fans have had to mourn many surprising deaths in 2022 including NFL athletes such as Jaylon Ferguson and Jeff Gladney.
- Adrian Dingle. The former Clemson University athlete passed away suddenly at the age of 45 in November 2022. Dingle's loved ones did not publicly share a cause of death at the time.
- Antonio Dennard. The former athlete, who played for the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants during his NFL career, was killed in an October 2022 shooting.
- Gavin Escobar. The former Dallas Cowboys tight end was found dead in Southern California after a rock climbing incident. He was 31. Escobar and a friend had been hiking in the San Bernardino National Forest at the time, which officials confirmed to the Los Angeles Times on September 29.
Nov 08, 2022 · Here are five NFL players who have tragically died by suicide at a young age. #5 Phillip Adams