Yahoo Web Search

  1. About 4,000,000 search results

  1. If a storm forms during the off-season, it will take the next name in the list based on the current calendar date. For example, if a tropical cyclone formed on December 28th, it would take the name from the previous season's list of names. If a storm formed in February, it would be named from the subsequent season's list of names.

  2. Mar 14, 2022 · The National Hurricane Center's Tropical Cyclone Reports contain comprehensive information on each tropical cyclone, including synoptic history, meteorological statistics, casualties and damages, and the post-analysis best track (six-hourly positions and intensities). Tropical cyclones include depressions, storms and hurricanes.

  3. People also ask

    What is the outlook for the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season?

    What are the National Hurricane Center's tropical cyclone reports?

    How many tropical weather outlooks did NHC issue in 2020?

    Is the National Hurricane Center prepared for hurricane season?

  4. Aug 4, 2021 · Predicted Activity. NOAA’s updated 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook indicates that an above-normal hurricane season is the most likely outcome with a possibility the season could be extremely active. The outlook indicates a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

  5. Two category-5 tropical cyclones formed in the Southern Hemisphere during 2021: Faraji and Niran. A third category 5 storm, Yasa happened in December 2020, which is also part of the 2020-2021 Southern Hemisphere season. This ties four other years (2003, 2005, 2014, and 2015) for the most category 5 storms in a Southern Hemisphere season.

  6. May 20, 2021 · For 2021, a likely range of 13 to 20 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 5 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher) is expected. NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

  7. For general questions and information about the NHC or its branches please contact: National Hurricane Center. 11691 S.W. 17th Street. Miami, Florida 33165. (305) 229-4470. NOAA Public Affairs Officer: NHC Public Affairs. nhc.public.affairs@noaa.gov. (305) 229-4404.

  1. People also search for