Search multiple English dictionaries, including an offline dictionary, all from the most trusted sources, plus specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, and Idioms, as well as multiple encyclopedias and even Wikipedia. Access dictionaries other languages and translate words into more than 40 languages.
Audio pronunciations are also available. This offline dictionary tells about the grammatical category, parts of speech, synonyms, hyponyms, antonyms, and hyponyms with real world examples. Offline Dictionary has suggestion based search and spell checking algorithm. It has faster and accurate searching. Easy and functional user interface
- Search Box
- The Free Dictionary
- Advance English Dictionary
- WordWeb Dictionary
- Multilingual & Subject Dictionaries
- Perfect Dictionary
- TheSage Dictionary & Thesaurus
Best native dictionary in Windows (needs internet) Unlike macOS, Windows doesn’t have a native dictionary app, but you do get access to the online dictionary in the search box. I know it’s not offline like I mentioned, but if you have access to the Internet, this option is worth considering. To access the built-in Windows search, simply press the W...
Best switchable online to the offline dictionary If you’re looking for an all-in-one package, you can try out The Free Dictionary. It’s available on theMicrosoft Store and technically, needs the internet to work. However, it also gives you the option to add offline dictionaries, by downloading packs. The file size is around 11MB and shows basic wor...
Best for visual word depiction and US & UK pronunciation within the app Unlike the previous one, Advance English Dictionary focuses on the dictionary part. It not only shows you the word definition but also, pronunciation both in the UK and US English, figures of speech, etymology, and even an image for word definitions. It also has an intra-word s...
Best for enabling system-wide right-click dictionary on any app We’ve talked about WordWeb before for its ability tofind the meaning of any word using right-click on PC. Hence making it a perfect dictionary app to find the meaning of any word without having to open any dictionary app. Plus it’s offline. For example, if you are using MS Word and you...
Best for subject-specific or language-specific dictionary apps If you are not a native English speaker then just an English dictionary might not suffice. For example, if you want to compliment someone in Hindi or give feedback to a French-speaking user, you must have another dictionary with a foreign language. The same goes for subject-specific dic...
Best multilingual dictionary and translation app If you don’t want to install language-specific dictionaries, Perfect dictionary may help you gather all that info in one place. You can download various language packs such as Arabic, Deutsch, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and many more in the app. So it not only works as a dictionary app but...
First off this app isn’t available on the Microsoft Store, so you’ll have to use the official site. This app is more than a dictionary and in my opinion, is great for artists, poets, and academics. For example, you can search for rhyming words, browse the thesaurus section, etymology, and also a phonetic search option. The app is free for the most ...
Sep 2, 2022 · The Dictionary app from Farlex is 100% FREE and can be used on all modern PCs running Windows 8, 10, and 11. Features and Highlights Search multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, audio and phonetic pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more. Offline English dictionary and thesaurus.
- Windows 10 (32-Bit) / Windows 10 (64-Bit)
- Office And Business Tools
- Tanmay Sharma
- Wordweb Free Dictionary. Wordweb Free Dictionary is at the first position in the list of best free dictionary software, as it offers users more than 15000 words in the database.
- Ultimate Dictionary. Next on our list is Ultimate Dictionary which has many inbuilt dictionaries to help the users. The dictionary plus language translation app support including English, French, Polish, and Spanish.
- TheSage’s English Dictionary and Thesaurus. Another best offline dictionary, TheSage’s English Dictionary, and Thesaurus offer 210,000-word meanings and 140,000 links of synonyms, hypernyms, holonyms, antonyms, etc.
- LingoPad. The ones who are looking for an offline dictionary for PC and a German to English glossary can pick this app. LingoPad is a free offline dictionary having multiple language support including French, Turkish, Spanish, Norwegian, Italian, Arabic, and Japanese.
Most people looking for Oxford dictionary offline for pc downloaded: Concise Oxford English Dictionary Download 3.5 on 129 votes A Palm PDA dictionary program, featuring the eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. Oxford English Explanatory Dictionary Download 3.7 on 80 votes
People also ask
Where can I find Oxford Dictionary offline for PC?
What are the Best offline dictionaries for Windows 10?
What is the best free online dictionary software?
Where can I find free dictionaries?