4:18 AM UTC on Friday, November 27
Description. The Orloj is mounted on the southern wall of Old Town Hall in the Old Town Square.The clock mechanism has three main components — the astronomical dial, representing the position of the Sun and Moon in the sky and displaying various astronomical details; statues of various Catholic saints stand on either side of the clock; "The Walk of the Apostles", an hourly show of moving ...
Jan 14, 2020 · The oldest and most celebrated clock is on the sidewall of the Old Town Hall in Old Town Square.With glittering hands and a complex series of filigreed wheels, this ornamental timepiece doesn't merely mark the hours of a 24-hour day.
- The Legend Of Prague’s Old Town Astronomical Clock. This historical technical miracle was created in the 15 century, and its origin is surrounded by legends.
- The Ultimate Show Every Hour. Every hour during the day the Astronomical Clock goes into action. Two windows open up to reveal twelve “traveling” apostles.
- Location, Map, Opening Hours, Tickets & Entrance Fee. You can visit the Astronomical Clock anytime at the Old Town Square (Staroměstské náměstí) 1, Prague 1.
- Virtual Tour, Video and Live Stream (Webcam) of Prague Astronomical Clock. In the video below you can see the ultimate mapping show for the 600th anniversary.
- Astronomical Clock - Old Town Square, Pragueyoutube.com
- Prague Clock, Chimes in Old Town Square, in full.youtube.com
- Prague; Old Town Square Astronomical Clockvimeo.com
- Prague Astronomical Clock, Old Town Square, Czech Republicyoutube.com
Astronomical Clock. The mediaeval tower clock is located at the southern side of the Old Town Hall Tower. When the clock strikes the hour (from 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m.), the procession of the Twelve Apostles sets in motion.
A Prague Tourist Information Centre is located in the reception area of the Old Town Hall. The centre provides information on city events, museums, historical monuments and the transport network, plus visitors can pick up a map of Prague. To discover more about the Old Town Hall Tower & Astronomical Clock, take a Prague tour:
People also ask
What is the Old Town Hall in Prague?
Where is Old Town Square in Prague?
Where is the astronomical clock in Prague?
What is the name of the clock in Prague?
According to Tripadvisor travelers, these are the best ways to experience Old Town Hall with Astronomical Clock: Prague Astronomical Clock Tower: Entry Ticket with Introduction (From $19.28) Half-Day Prague City Walk (From $30.92) Small-Group or Private City Walking Tour Including Vltava River Cruise and Lunch (From $89.19)
- StaromEstske NamEsti 1/3, Prague, 110 00, Bohemia
The absolute highlight of Old Town Square is the famous Prague Astronomical Clock, a.k.a. Orloj. It is a medieval astronomical clock mounted on the Old Town Hall and shows the current position of selected celestial objects. The lower part of the Orloj is a calendar dial and shows the current day on a beautiful dial.
The Old Town Hall was established in 1338 as the seat of the Old Town administration. The oldest part of the complex consists of a beautiful Gothic tower with a bay chapel and a unique astronomical clock – known as the Orloj – where, every hour between 9 am and 11 pm, the twelve apostles appear.
Feel-Good results for old town square prague clock