Feb 11, 2020 · Colin Firth was the first Best Actor winner of the 2010s, having taken home the Oscar at the 83rd Academy Awards in 2011. He also beat out the likes of James Franco, Javier Bardem, Jeff Bridges, and Jesse Eisenberg. It's a stellar line-up, but Colin Firth snuck out ahead with his brilliant and tragic portrayal of King George VI.
May 25, 2011 · None of these five men have won an Oscar for best lead actor, but Jeff Bridges, George Clooney and Morgan Freeman have been nominated in the category and Clooney and Freeman have won supporting actor Oscars. This is a first Oscar nomination for Colin Firth and Jeremy Renner.
Apr 11, 2021 · Related: 10 Actors Under 25 Who Have A Shot At An Oscar. That said, a Best Actor award from the Oscars is such a heavy recognition. Not many of the past winners have steadily held onto the trophy and elevated their longevity. Here are the winners of the Oscars' Best Actor of the 2010s and what they've been up to now. 10 2010: Colin Firth
Mar 07, 2010 · Oscar winners 2010: full list The triumphant ones at the 82nd annual Academy Awards, in bold, alongside their fellow nominees First prize of the night … Christoph Waltz accepts the award for best...
- Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything (2014) Not since Daniel Day-Lewis brought Christy Brown to life in My Left Foot has such a layered, deep, and thoughtful performance been given to a brilliant but afflicted man.
- Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club (2013) No one is more surprised than me that Matthew McConaughey won an Oscar. What’s even more surprising? Dude really deserved it.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln (2012) Lincoln takes the character of Abraham Lincoln and bathes him in the sweet glow of sainthood. Unfortunately, that stifles Daniel Day-Lewis’ opportunities to really do anything with the role.
- Casey Affleck, Manchester By the Sea (2016) Casey Affleck projects an entitled Boston-frat-boy persona that turns me off. Luckily for Casey, Manchester By the Sea plays right into his wheelhouse.
2010 Oscar Nominees Best Actor Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart). Jeff Bridges has been nominated five times for an Academy Award, but this may be the year he actually sweeps one away for his portrayal of hard-living country singer Bad Blake.
More popularly known as the Academy Award (or the Oscar) for Best Actor, this award was initially presented at the 1st Academy Awards ceremony for 1927–1928 and was most recently presented at the 92nd Academy Awards ceremony for 2019.
This is a list of winners of the Academy Award for Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) to an actress who has delivered an outstanding performance while working within the film industry.
Jeremy Renner on IMDb: Awards, nominations, and wins. ... The Town (2010) 2010 Nominee Oscar: Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role The Hurt Locker (2008)
- related to: oscar best actor 2010
yidio.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month