People also ask
Which is the 93rd Best Picture Oscar winner?
How many movies have won the Best Picture awards?
Who won the Oscar for Best Director?
What was the best movie of the year 2010?
The 82nd Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honored the best films of 2009 and took place on March 7, 2010, at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles beginning at 5:30 p.m. PST / 8:30 p.m. EST.
- Daniel S. Levine
- Green Book (2018) Green Book will go down as one of the worst Best Picture winners in history. The film was directed by Peter Farrelly - yes, one half of the Farrelly brothers duo responsible for Dumb and Dumber - and tells the story of the Italian-American bouncer Frank Vallelonga (Viggo Mortensen) who is racist until he decides to drive pianist Don Shirley (Mahershala Ali) on tour in the Deep South.
- The Artist (2011) The biggest blemish on the Academy for the last eight years is The Artist winning Best Picture for 2011. This was the year of Alexander Payne's The Descendants, Martin Scorsese's Hugo, and Bennett Miller's Moneyball.
- The King's Speech (2010) The King's Speech is another Best Picture winner we have to thank Harvey Weinstein for. It's a shame that his name has anything to do with it, because it's not actually an awful film as far as "Great Man" biopics go.
- Argo (2012) Sometimes, the weight of being a "Best Picture Winner" can hurt a film. Ben Affleck's Argo is a fun thriller, even if it is historically inaccurate.
- Moonlight (2016) - 99. Like Parasite, Moonlight set many award records. It was the first LGBTQ+ related film and the first movie with an all Black cast to win Best Picture.
- Parasite (2019) - 96. Parasite set numerous records throughout the 2020 awards season. It was the first non-English language film to win Best Picture, the first South Korean film to be recognized by the Academy, the first non-English language film to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast, and the first movie since 1955 to win both the Palme d'Or and the Oscar for Best Picture.
- 12 Years A Slave (2013) - 96. This horrifying movie was based on the memoir of the same name written by Solomon Northup. Northup was a free man living in Washington, D.C.
- Spotlight (2015) - 93. Spotlight is based on the real-life story of The Boston Globe's Spotlight team, a group of Pulitzer Prize-winning investigators that uncovered instances of child sex abuse in the Roman Catholic church.
The Academy Award for Best Picture is one of the Academy Awards presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) since the awards debuted in 1929. This award goes to the producers of the film and is the only category in which every member of the Academy is eligible to submit a nomination and vote on the final ballot ...
Academy award winner for best picture 2010. http://www.ExploreTalent.com And the winner : The Hurt Locker won for Best Picture in the 82nd Academy Awards. Ka...
May 31, 2017 · On this page will find the solution to 2010 Best Picture Oscar winner crossword clue. Simply click on the clue posted on LA Times Crossword on May 31 2017 and we will present you with the correct answer. If there is a chance we have missed the answer you are looking for, feel free to contact us and we will get back to you with the answer as ...
- Rich Knight
- Birdman (2015) I might catch hell for this, but for me, Birdman is not only the best movie to win Best Picture in the past 10 years, but also the best American film in that time frame as well.
- Spotlight (2016) Spotlight is our All The President’s Men. But unlike All The President’s Men, it actually won Best Picture! It’s the true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered and covered (see what I did there?)
- 12 Years A Slave (2014) By far the hardest Best Picture winner on this list to watch, 12 Years A Slave is the true story of Solomon Northup (played by Chiwetel Ejiofor).
- Argo (2013) Ben Affleck was robbed. Based on a true story, Argo is about a CIA agent (played by Affleck, who also directed the film) who pretends to be a producer for a sci-fi flick in order to get six Americans out of Iran.
Apr 22, 2021 · All 93 Best Picture Winners, Ranked. Every year, after the fracas of awards season and studio campaigning, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences hands out the ultimate prize in cinema, the explicit recommendation that if you’re only going to watch one movie, make it the one we picked. We’re talking the Oscar for Best Picture.