27 Peru Facts for Kids Peru is a country on the continent of South America. The official name for Peru is the Republic of Peru. A native or resident of Peru is called a Peruvian.v The primary language spoken in Peru is Spanish.v The capital of Peru is Lima. The population of Peru is 32,824,358 based on 2020 estimates.
- Fast Facts About Peru. Here are some quick general knowledge fun facts about Peru so you can get to know the basic information about this wonderful country.
- Machu Picchu Facts. Believed to have been built in the 1400s, this new wonder of the world has an extremely rich history and a great cultural connection to Peru.
- Inca Empire Facts. The history and culture surrounding the native people of Peru is absolutely fascinating. They had their own religion, customs and inventions that are studied by archaeologists and historians all over the world today.
- Peruvian Wildlife And Nature. Peru is home to some of the most diverse ecosystems and animal species in all of South America. Here are some fun facts about Peru's wildlife and the amazing creatures you can find there.
Peru facts OFFICIAL NAME: Republic of Peru FORM OF GOVERNMENT: Constitutional republic CAPITAL: Lima POPULATION: 30,147,935 OFFICIAL LANGUAGES: Spanish, Quechua MONEY: Nuevo Sol AREA: 1,285,216 square kilometres MAJOR MOUNTAIN RANGES: Andes MAJOR RIVERS: Amazon, Ucayali, Madre de Dios The flag of Peru The geography of Peru
The Inca established an empire in Peru that grew very quickly and lasted for hundreds of years. In the mid-1500s, the Spanish defeated the Incas. They ruled until Peru achieved independence in...
- The official name of Peru is the Republic of Peru.
- Peru contains the second largest segment of the Amazon rainforest after Brazil.
- The Peruvian Amazon covers 60% of the country.
- The large biologically diverse area of Amazon in Peru is home to the most bird species in the world, the third largest number of mammals and a very high number of species of butterflies and orchids.