Oct 24, 2008 · Phife Dawg s long fight with diabetes recently took a new turn for the better, as the Queens native finally received a kidney transplant. The new kidney comes after a waiting period of over two ...
Mar 23, 2016 · Malik Taylor, the rapper known as Phife Dawg whose nimble, clever rhymes helped launch A Tribe Called Quest to both commercial and critical success, died Tuesday at the age of 45 from complications...
- Jason Newman
Mar 23, 2016 · A Tribe Called Quest founding member Phife Dawg has died. The rapper, real name Malik Taylor, was 45. No official statement has been released yet, nor a cause of death. Taylor battled Type 1...
Phife Dawg was born as Malik Izaak Taylor to Cheryl Allison Boyce-Taylor and Walt Taylor on November 20, 1970. He was born prematurely and his twin Mikal died shortly after birth. His mother, a poet, was born in Arima , Trinidad and Tobago , later moving to the St. Albans neighborhood of Queens, New York when she was 13 years old. 
People also ask
How old was Phife Dawg when he was born?
What kind of diabetes did Phife Dawg have?
When did Phife Dawg form Tribe Called Quest?
How old was John Phife when he got his kidney transplant?
Oct 24, 2008 · Rapper Phife Dawg’s (real name Malik Taylor) long fight with diabetes recently took a new turn for the better, as the Queens native finally received a kidney transplant. The new kidney comes after a waiting period of over two years, which saw Phife endure problems performing live and a dramatic weight loss through his dialysis treatment.
- His Mother Posted a Touching Tribute To Her Son Via Facebook. Cheryl Boyce-Taylor, mother of Malik Taylor, aka Phife Dawg, posted the following heart-wrenching tribute about her son on Facebook this morning
- His Wife, Deisha, Donated a Kidney to Try & Save His Life. Phife Dawg died as a result of complications from Type 1 Diabetes. He was diagnosed with the dreaded disease in 1990.
- He Had a Twin Brother, Mikal, Whom Preceded Him in Death. Video Video related to phife dawg’s family: 5 fast facts you need to know 2016-03-23T22:46:26-04:00.
- His Daughter, Jessica Marcia, Watched Her Father’s Health Decline, & Posted Her Thoughts on Facebook. Taylor’s daughter, Jessica Marcia, took to Facebook to talk about her father’s death, especially the devastating effects of the foods and drinks we choose to put into our bodies, has our health.
At the time of his passing, his friend Phife Dawg (Malik Izaak Taylor) of the hip-hop group A Tribe Called Quest was dealing with his own health issue – kidney failure. “Before J Dilla passed, he and I were playing phone tag, I didn’t even know he was that sick until it was too late,” Phife said.
Mar 23, 2016 · Phife Dawg From A Tribe Called Quest Dead at Age 45: How His Family, Friends and Fans Are Keeping His Spirit Alive ... undergoing a kidney transplant in 2008 to deal with his longtime battle ...
Mar 23, 2016 · Phife Dawg had a long battle with diabetes and had a kidney removed in 2008. The rapper’s manager, Dion Liverpool, also released a statement.
- related to: phife dawg kidney