- Elverum married actress Michelle Williams in July 2018 in a private ceremony in the Adirondacks. Around the same time, he moved from his long-time residence in Anacortes to Williams' home in Brooklyn. The couple separated in January 2019, and filed for divorce in April 2019.
Jul 09, 2016 · Geneviève Elverum née Gosselin has died. The artist and wife of Phil Elverum (of Mount Eerie and the Microphones) was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer last year. Elverum recorded music...
- Noah Yoo
Castrée was married to musician Phil Elverum, who has released music as the Microphones and Mount Eerie. They met in 2003 and married in 2004. They originally intended to move to Canada but after searching for residency decided to remain in the United States, in the town of Anacortes, Washington, where Elverum grew up.
- He performs under the name Mount Eerie. The 40-year-old indie musician previously recorded under the name the Microphones, but now uses the name Mount Eerie.
- He also lost a spouse. In 2006, Michelle Williams lost her partner, Heath Ledger, to an accidental drug overdose. Their daughter, Matilda, was only 2 years old at the time.
- He has a daughter, too. When Castrée died, their daughter, Agathe, was just 18 months old, a similar age to Williams' daughter, Matilda, when she lost her father.
- Their wedding was incredibly secretive. Vanity Fair reported the Elverum and Williams were "married in a secret ceremony in the Adirondacks, witnessed by only a handful of friends and their two daughters."
Mar 28, 2017 · Bill Radke talks with Phil Elverum, an Anacortes musician whose wife died a little over a year after giving birth to their only child. Phil Elverum, aka Mount Eerie, wrote an album about his grief...
- Nicholas Hautman
- He Is a Singer and Songwriter. Elverum is best known as the frontman of The Microphones. He was the principal member of the rock band from 1996 to 2003 before he began recording solo under the moniker Mount Eerie.
- He Just Moved to Brooklyn, New York. Elverum was raised in Anacortes, Washington, a small town on Fidalgo Island for most of his life. But earlier this month, he packed up his belongings and drove across the country with his daughter to live with Williams and Matilda in Brooklyn.
- He Was a Single Parent. Elverum’s first wife, Castrée, was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer in 2015, four months after they welcomed their only child.
- He Turned to Music After His Wife’s Death. Elverum began writing and recording new songs about Castrée’s ordeal and the heartbreak he felt after her death.
Dec 31, 2019 · Michelle Williams is pregnant and engaged to Hamilton director Thomas Kail, just eight months after her marriage to Mount Eerie musician Phil Elverum ended. The actress, 39, and the Tony...
- 2 min
Apr 19, 2019 · Michelle Williams and her husband Phil Elverum has quietly parted ways after less than a year of marriage, according to a report in People. “Michelle and Phil separated at the beginning of the...
- Kyle Munzenrieder
Apr 19, 2019 · Just as Michelle had lost Heath Ledger years before, musician Phil Elverum lost his wife shortly after their daughter was born. Both single parents who had lost their counterpart, the two found one...