People also ask
What is the most effective natural home remedy for pink eye?
How long does it take to get rid of pink eye?
Does pink eye heal on its own?
How do you heal a pink eye?
- Take ibuprofen or another over-the-counter pain killer.
- Use over-the-counter lubricating eye drops (artificial tears).
- Put a warm, damp washcloth over your eyes for a few minutes. To make this warm compress:
- Soak a clean washcloth in warm water then wring it out so it’s not dripping.
- Use eye drops. Over-the-counter drops can help with itching. Look for “lubricating” drops or “artificial tears.” Stay...
- Skip your contacts. If you wear contact lenses, go without them until your pinkeye clears up. You may need to replace...
- Mix honey (three tablespoons) with 20 ml of water.
- Immerse a cleancotton cloth in this solution.
- Gently squeeze this cloth before rubbing it over your eyes.
- This remedy should be done at least 4-5 times throughout the day.
- Sarah Eaton
- Tulsi. Tulsi, or holy basil, has potent healing abilities. As such, it’s one of the top home remedies for pink eye. Its anti-inflammatory and soothing agents help protect the eyes from environmental damage and free radicals.
- Green Tea. Green tea has bioflavonoids that relieve irritation and inflammation, as well as fight bacterial and viral infections. Therefore, it’s a good to use as a pink eye treatment.
- Aloe Vera Gel. Aloin and amodin, which are compounds in aloe vera gel, have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Furthermore, aloe vera can reduce inflammation and speed up healing time, so it’s a good choice from the list of home remedies for pink eye.
- Turmeric. Turmeric is another good home remedy for pinkeye. It has healing compounds and reduces inflammation, and also has antibacterial properties. Add two tablespoons of turmeric powder to one cup of boiled water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. The benefits of apple cider vinegar cannot be described in a word. It is a great remedy for pink eyes. Apple cider vinegar is one extremely intense bacterial, viral and contagious executioner.
- Milk Yogurt. Cultured yogurt is a good home remedy to remove a pink eye. It has a substantial amount of beneficial bacteria that can reduce conjunctivitis.
- Castor Oil. It is an effective remedy for pink eye. Castor oil is also good to reduce eye irritation. Take a dropper and put a drop of castor oil in your eye.
- Milk and Honey. Honey is a powerful and effective remedy to combat conjunctivitis. It can defeat almost all types of bacterial infection. Direction: To apply milk and honey to treat your pink eye, take a tablespoon of milk and a tablespoon of honey.
Home Remedies For Pink Eye. Here are some natural home remedies for pink eye which you can do immediately at home. For your own well being, if you pink eye doesn't recover over a week, it is wise to see a doctor immediately. ^_^ Apply Hot/Cold Compress To make a compress, soak a clean cloth in cold or very warm water.