- "Wish You Were Here" (Wish You Were Here, 1975) Feels kinda wrong, doesn't it? To have a relatively straightforward ballad as the crowning achievement of one of history's greatest progressive rock bands -- it's sorta like putting "Patience" at the top of a Guns N' Roses list, no?
- "Run Like Hell" (The Wall, 1979)
- "Us and Them" (The Dark Side of the Moon, 1973)
- "Comfortably Numb" (The Wall, 1979)
Jun 02, 2017 · Perhaps Pink Floyd’s most fragile and emotionally tragic song, “Wish You Were Here” represented a rare instance where the band wrote the lyrics first and set music to them afterward.
- Michael Gallucci
- "Comfortably Numb" From: 'The Wall' (1979) Waters penned most of The Wall by himself, tracing childhood issues to Floyd-era conflicts. "Comfortably Numb" is one of the few songs written with Gilmour, who supplies the music and terrific guitar solo, one of the most celebrated in rock history.
- "Wish You Were Here" From: 'Wish You Were Here' (1975) The members of Pink Floyd were still friendly with Syd Barrett after he left the group in 1968. He even showed up in the studio, somewhat unrecognizable, while they were recording of their ninth album.
- "Time" From: 'The Dark Side of the Moon' (1973) Like many tracks on our list of the Top 10 Pink Floyd Songs, "Time" works better as part of a bigger album concept than as a standalone cut.
- "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" From: 'Wish You Were Here' (1975) "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" was originally released as a two-song, eight-part, 26-minute suite on the band's follow-up to the mega-popular The Dark Side of the Moon.
Aug 03, 2017 · Pink Floyd always prided itself on its group vocal stylings; the choruses here are the apogee of all that, and funny how most of it (leaving aside the higher volume on the chorus) could be used as ...
- Fraser Lewry
- Paintbox. As the flip to 1967’s Apples And Oranges, the Wright-sung/written Paintbox fell between the cracks, but deserved better. Like the befuddled narrator – who “must admit I had too much to drink” – the song never quite seems to find its centre of gravity, lurching between ominously clattered acoustics and rattled drums.
- Childhood's End. The young Gilmour never had much confidence with lyrics, but the sci-fi novels of Arthur C. Clarke got his quill scratching, powering the high-water mark of 1972’s Obscured By Clouds and the last song written solely by the guitarist until A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.
- A Saucerful of Secrets. Roger Waters remembers A Saucerful Of Secrets as “a turning point. It gave us our second breath. It was the first thing we’d done without Syd that we thought was any good”.
- Fat Old Sun. Gilmour was convinced this Atom Heart Mother highlight had already been written, but he was wrong – it just felt like you’d known it all your life.
People also ask
What is the most famous Pink Floyd song?
What are some pink songs?
What is Pink Floyd music?
They don't need no thought control. Join WatchMojo.com as we count down our picks for the Top 10 Pink Floyd songs. Special thanks to our users "Jake Fraser"...
- 10 min
- related to: pink floyd most popular song list
Pink Floyd - Now on Sale Quick, Limited Time , Save Today! Don't Miss Out on Pink floyd 2021 Xmas Deals
mercari.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
Great Deals on Top Brands. Free Shipping on Hundreds of Items.