Platelet count normal rangeAnswer from 2 sources
- The normal platelet count ranges between 150,000 and 450,000 per microliter (one-millionth of a liter). Only about 2/3 of platelets released into the blood stream circulate in the blood, and the remaining third are typically found in the spleen.
- The measurement is the number of platelets a person has, on average, per microliter. The ideal platelet range is 150,000 to 400,000 per mcL in most healthy people. Low platelet count is known as thrombocytopenia.
People also ask
What is considered critical platelet count?
What does a low blood platelet count mean?
How low can your platelets go before death?
What to do if I have a low platelet count?
Jan 02, 2020 · The ideal platelet range is 150,000 to 400,000 per mcL in most healthy people. ... Some temporary conditions can cause a higher than normal platelet count. A doctor may order a retest a few days ...
A platelet count that's lower than normal (thrombocytopenia) or higher than normal (thrombocytosis) is often a sign of an underlying medical condition, or it may be a side effect from medication. If your platelet count is outside the normal range, you'll likely need additional tests to diagnose the cause.
A normal platelet count is between 150,000 and 400,000 per microliter of blood. Because platelets only live in the body for about 10 days, your bone marrow creates millions of platelets each day. For women, the average platelet count is between 157,000 and 371,000 per microliter of blood.
- Pregnancy: In some cases of pregnancy, especially if the mother does not take proper care of herself, it is possible to develop dangers that concerns the platelet count normal range.
- Bacteria in the Blood: There have already been several cases of low blood platelets in patients with contaminated blood. Further studies are being made to establish the association of bacterial infections of the blood with the demolition of platelets.
- Dengue Fever: Dengue Fever is a well-known worldwide disease spread by mosquitoes, a carrier of the dengue virus. The medical condition is very likely to cause a sudden drop below normal platelet levels which can be fatal.
- Gray Platelet Syndrome (GPS): This is an inherited medical disorder that causes a rare disturbance in the characteristics of platelets. Besides changes that bids beyond platelets count normal range, the blood component will develop a gray appearance due to a reduction or absence of alpha-granules.
Nov 09, 2017 · The range of normal platelet count is from 1, 50, 000 to 4, 50, 000 platelets per micro liter of blood. This platelet count stands valid for both male and female and for people in all age groups. If a person has more than 4, 50, 000 platelets, he is suspected to be suffering from a condition known as Thrombocytosis.
Dec 12, 2019 · Monitor a treatment with drugs known to affect platelets; Normal Range. Platelet count normally ranges from 150 – 450 thousand cells/uL (thousand cells per microliter) . This range may vary slightly depending on the laboratory that does the testing. Low Platelet Count (Thrombocytopenia) Low platelet count is also known as thrombocytopenia.
- What is a normal platelet count range?youtube.com
- Platelet Count Test - Procedure, Importance and Normal Rangeyoutube.com
- Normal range of platelet count & should one worry if it is elevated? - Dr. Sanjay Panickeryoutube.com
- PLATELETS IN BLOOD| WHAT ARE PLATELETS| NORMAL RANGE| CAUSES AND CONDITION OF LAW PLATELETSyoutube.com
Oct 19, 2020 · The normal range of platelet in the blood is about 150,000 –400,000 platelets per mcL (microliter). However, if there’s any slight difference, that may still be considered normal because some laboratory tests use different ways to measure platelet count.
Platelets Count Normal Range Chart by Age. Platelets count range chart according to age and gender: Normal Platelet Count for Newborn infants; Platelet Normal Range in Child (176–452) Platelets normal level for adult men (141–362) Normal Platelet Count for female adults (156–405) For old men normal platelets range (122–350) and, old ...
Drugs that may cause increased platelet counts include estrogen and birth control pills (oral contraceptives). Mildly decreased platelet counts may be seen in women before menstruation. Between 7% and 12% of pregnant women may have a lower platelet count at term.
A low platelet count is below 150,000 (150 × 10 9 /L). If your platelet count is below 50,000 (50 × 10 9 /L), your risk of bleeding is high. Even every day activities can cause bleeding. A lower-than-normal platelet count is called thrombocytopenia. Low platelet count can be divided into 3 main causes: Not enough platelets are being made in ...