People also ask
What are some bands with female lead singers?
Who are some famous female singers?
What are alternative bands?
- Bjork. Björk Guðmundsdóttir, known mononymously as Björk, is an Icelandic singer and songwriter. She is most famous for her eclectic music styles and experimentation on electronic pop music.
- Fiona Apple. I'm glad she showed up here. Although she hasn't had a pile of albums, her lyrics are so unique and well crafted and her voice is strong and extremely expressive.
- Lana Del Rey. Lana Del Rey is a California based singer, songwriter, and model who currently resides in Malibu, California. She was born under the name Elizabeth Woolridge Grant to entrepreneur Robert England Jr.
- Amy Lee. Amy Lynn Hartzler, known professionally as Amy Lee, is an American singer-songwriter, classically trained pianist and composer. She is also the lead singer to the Arkansas band Evanescence.
The Best Female Indie Artists & Female-Fronted Bands PJ Harvey Björk St. Vincent Courtney Barnett Liz Phair Tegan and Sara Imogen Heap Juliana Hatfield Neko Case Marnie Stern Gemma Hayes Ani DiFranco
- The Cardigans. The Cardigans are a shoe-in on the list if for no other reason than the fact that “Lovefool” is actually our favorite song, and it was featured in the soundtrack of our favorite movie, Baz Luhrman’s Romeo + Juliet.
- Garbage. We love Garbage lead singer Shirley Manson’s vocals which range from haunting, icy whispers to outright belts of rage.
- Hole. Duh! The queen of the ’90s alternative female badass bands is without a doubt Courtney Love and Hole.
- Portishead. Our impressionable ears perked up in the 90s when English trip hop group Portishead redefined musical borders and Beth Gibbons’ vocals and lyrics haunted our bedrooms.
- What's Going On, Linda Perry? Linda Perry is multitalented. She was the lead singer and main songwriter of 4 Non Blondes who are remembered for their smash hit "What's Up?"
- Sharleen Spiteri. Scottish singer Sharleen Spiteri became a household name in the U.K. after she became the lead singer of Texas. The band released their debut album, Southside, in 1989 but hit it big time during the late '90s with their hugely successful albums White On Blonde and The Hush.
- "Criminal" Star Fiona Apple. Before Jay-Z had a streaming service called Tidal, Fiona Apple had a 1996 debut album with the same name. The "Criminal" hitmaker has consistently released critically-acclaimed records that have inspired a whole generation.
- Liz Phair. American singer-songwriter Liz Phair is known for her honest and explicit lyrics. In 1993, she released her first album, Exile in Guyville, and has since dropped five more LPs.
Top 20 FEMALE FRONTED INDIE ARTISTS Bat For Lashes ‘Daniel’. Natasha Khan has released five incredible albums since her debut album ‘Fur and Gold ‘ way back... Tegan and Sara- ‘I Hear Noises’. The Canadian twins have spent the last 20 years slowly building up their career from... Sjowgren – ...