- Sick. By Shel Silverstein. When children don’t want to do something, they come up with every excuse they can think of to get out of it. There are many kinds of sicknesses children try to convince their parents they have been afflicted with in order to get out of going to school.
- Life Doesn't Frighten Me. By Maya Angelou. Maya Angelou, an inspirational American poet, crafted a poem from a child’s perspective about all the frightening things in her world.
- Underface. By Shel Silverstein. Children, teenagers, and adults as well, can all identify with the message of this poem for children from Shel Silverstein published in his book, "Every Thing On It."
- Being Brave At Night. By Edgar Guest. During the day children are busy and don't have time to waste worrying about silly monsters, but children lying in bed at night waiting to fall asleep have lots of time to worry about invading giants, ghosts or elephants.
- Eletelephony. Laura Elizabeth Richard. Once there was an elephant, Who tried to use the telephant— No! I mean an elephone. Who tried to use the telephone—
- Hey Diddle Diddle. Author Unknown. Hey diddle diddle, The Cat and the fiddle, The Cow jumped over the moon, The little Dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon.
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Jane Taylor. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky.
- The Porcupine. Ogden Nash. Any hound a porcupine nudges. Can’t be blamed for harboring grudges, I know one hound that laughed all winter. At a porcupine that sat on a splinter.
98 Short Poems For Children - Popular Poem For Kids 1 - 20 of 79 1 2 3 4 > Sort Poems Recommended Highest Rated New Poems Most Shared Most Votes Most Stories 1. Underface By Shel Silverstein in Famous Children Poems Underneath my outside face There's a face that none can see. A little less smiley, A little less sure, More... Go To Poem Page
Hope: Poems for Kids The following poems are about hope by poets like Maya Angelou, Jane Hirshfield, Langston Hughes, and... Humor: Poems for Kids The following poems are about humor like “The Purple Cow” by Gelett Burgess, “Post Impressions (VI)”... Immigration: Poems for Kids
- Stephanie Osmanski
- "Sick" by Shel Silverstein. “I cannot go to school today," Said little Peggy Ann McKay. “I have the measles and the mumps, A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
- "Puzzle" by Matt Goodfellow. Puzzle. we are. all. jigsaw pieces. before we are gone must. find a way to fit. together as one.
- "Firefly" by Elizabeth Madox Roberts. A little light is going by, Is going up to see the sky, A little light with wings. I never could have thought of it,
- "Winter Luck" by Mattie Stepanek. Snowflakes... They come down so slow, And sometimes so fast, Looking like pretty stars. Falling down, down, down. To the ground.
Jan 28, 2022 · Best short poems for kids 1. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star 2. A million little diamonds by Mary Frances Butts 3. Somewhere Over The Rainbow 4. At The Zoo by William Makepeace Thackeray 5. The Owl and the Pussycat by (Anonymous) 6. The Tyger by (Anonymous) 7. Dear me by (Anonymous) 8. Elephant (Anonymous) 9. Sick by Shel Silverstein 10.