- After her divorce from Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon in 1978, Princess Margaret met her former love, Peter Townsend, for lunch 30 years after their romance ended. Princess Margaret told her close friend Lady Glenconner what she thought of Peter after the lunch.
People also ask
What was the relationship between Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend?
Who was Princess Margaret's first love in the Crown?
What was the name of Princess Margaret's son?
Who was the Prime Minister when Princess Margaret got married?
- 1958: Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones meet. © Keystone-France Princess Margaret And Armstrong-Jones In 1960. According to The Telegraph, three years after publicly declaring the end of her scrutinized relationship with divorcé Group Captain Peter Townsend (who was 16 years her senior), Margaret met Lord Snowdon.
- 1959: They pull off an undercover engagement. During the Christmas holiday in 1959, Vanity Fair reports that Armstrong-Jones asked for Queen Elizabeth II's permission to propose to her sister.
- 1960: Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon's fairy tale wedding is televised. © ullstein bild Dtl. - Getty Images Margaret Rose, Prinzessin - Graefin von Snowdon, GB/ Hochzeit mit Anthony Armstrong-Jones.
- 1961: The couple have their first child. © Getty Images - Getty Images (FILE PHOTO) Princess Margaret. Despite the obvious strife we see depicted between the two during season 3 of The Crown, the early part of their marriage was blissful.
Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, CI, GCVO, CD (Margaret Rose; 21 August 1930 – 9 February 2002) was the younger daughter of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, and the only sibling of Queen Elizabeth II. She spent much of her childhood with her parents and sister.
Dec 13, 2016 · Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon. Younger daughter of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. Explore the topics mentioned in this article. Princess Margaret with Peter Townsend...
- Kristine Moore
Feb 14, 2018 · After her divorce from Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon in 1978, Princess Margaret met her former love, Peter Townsend, for lunch 30 years after their romance ended. Princess Margaret told her close friend Lady Glenconner what she thought of Peter after the lunch. “Peter Townsend came to lunch with her and I said: “What was it like seeing him?”.
Mar 13, 2019 · Princess Margaret's first fell in love with a divorcé At Queen Elizabeth II 's coronation in 1953, Princess Margaret was spotted intimately interacting with Group Captain Peter Townsend.
- Sara Kettler