Mar 29, 2019 · 170 Writing Quotes by Famous Authors for Every Occasion When you're feeling stuck on your novel, an important thing to remember is that we've all been there in the past. That's right — even the J.K Rowling's and Ernest Hemingway's of this world.
Jan 21, 2020 · Here are 30 author quotes to inspire you: You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view. Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it. HARPER LEE ( more Harper Lee quotes) There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
- “What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it.
- “A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.” ― Thomas Mann, Essays of Three Decades.
- “All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was.
- “I've got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen.” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women.
- “You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.” ― Bill Watterson.
- "Even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there." — Stephen Chbosky.
- "And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good." — John Steinbeck.
- “Outside the windows the day was bright: golden sunshine, blue sky, pleasant wind... I wanted to punch the happy day in the face, grab it by the hair, and beat it until it told me what the hell it was so happy about.” ―
Popular Authors Taylor Swift Yogi Berra Napoleon Bonaparte Albert Einstein Mark Twain Confucius Friedrich Nietzsche Steven Wright Maya Angelou Kanye West More authors In the News Mattie Stepanek Billy Connolly Geert Wilders Laurence Sterne Nicolas Chamfort William F. Buckley, Jr. Thomas Fuller Dale Carnegie Baruch Spinoza O. Henry Today's Birthdays
Feb 22, 2021 · Some of the most famous quotes from writers are about how ridiculously hard writing can be—and why you should rise to the challenge and do it anyway. 12. “The scariest moment is always just before you start.”. — Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. 13.
Mar 5, 2012 · Find Stephen King quotes on writing, Ernest Hemingway quotes on writing, and creative writing quotes from other famous authors such as Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, and Henry David Thoreau, amongst other famous writer quotes. So put the pen down for a moment, step away from the keyboard, and soak in these eclectic author quotes on writing.