- related to: raif hollister andy griffith show characters
Rafe Hollister is a farmer, former moonshiner and occasional vocal performer of Mayberry played by actor Jack Prince in three episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. He is married to Martha Hollister. He can be ill-tempered and stubborn, but has shown to have a soft Southern charm.
Mayor Stoner and Mrs. Jeffries (the head of the Ladies League) are aghast, however, at Rafe's appearance and want Andy to break the news to him that he can not represent Mayberry at the musicale. Unable to bring himself to do so, Andy decides the only option is to try and make Rafe a bit more presentable.
- Andy Griffith, Ron Howard, Don Knotts
- Charles Irving
Prince, who first appeared in two minor roles on the show, was best-known, and is best-remembered today, for his role of Rafe Hollister". Griffith wanted Prince to have a larger role in the series, but Prince declined, feeling that it would take him away from what was then a successful singing career.
- John Trevathian Upchurch Jr.
People also ask
Who played Rafe Hollister on Andy Griffith?
Who played Raif Hollister?
When did Jack Prince die?
Who is the cast of the andy griffith show?
The following is a list of characters of The Andy Griffith Show, an American sitcom television series, starring Andy Griffith. The series ran for eight seasons on CBS between October 3, 1960, and April 1, 1968. Black-and-white episodes 159 - (1960–1965). The last 90 episodes were in Color (1965–1968). Main
In September 1991 Prince reprised his role of Rafe Hollister on TNN 's Nashville Now. He and Hal Smith, who played town drunk Otis Campbell on The Andy Griffith Show, appeared together in a jail skit, and Prince sang The Lonesome Road, a song heard in the Rafe Hollister Sings episode.
Find movie and film cast and crew information for The Andy Griffith Show : Rafe Hollister Sings (1963) - Charles Irving on AllMovie
Jan 08, 1994 · and was most remembered for his role as Rafe Hollister on "The Andy Griffith Show". Actor. Born Jack Trevathian Upchurch, he was trained in singing at an early age and appeared on many Broadway musicals in the early 1950s. In 1954, he broke into the television scene singing on "The Colgate Comedy Hour" and later on the Johnny Carson Show".
- 19 Jan 1920, Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana, USA
- Jack Trevathian Upchurch
- 8 Jan 1994 (aged 73), Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, USA
- Hillside Memorial Park, Redlands, San Bernardino County, California, USA
Jack Prince (January 19, 1920 - January 8, 1994) appeared in six episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. He first met Andy Griffith when they performed together in the Broadway musical "Destry Rides Again". 1 Appearances 1.1 The Andy Griffith Show 2 Notes 3 External Link 4 Jack Prince Sings Alcohol and Old Lace as Ben Sewell The Inspector as Luke Ranier Andy Forecloses as a rummage sale customer ...
- The Andy Griffith Show: Who is still alive? Thelma Lou turned 91 years old in August 2017. Well, Betty Lynn, who played Barney Fife's girlfriend on The Andy Griffith Show, turned 91.
- Ron Howard (Opie Taylor) You know how those child stars always turn out, right? Opie, of course, played the son of Sheriff Andy Taylor (Andy Griffith). Since starring in Happy Days, Howard has directed a few movies you might have seen.
- Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) Did she ever find out about Juanita down at the diner? Lynn – who played Deputy Barney Fife’s girlfriend for much of the series, now lives in Mount Airy, N.C., Andy Griffith’s hometown and the inspiration behind Mayberry.
- Elinor Donahue (Ellie Walker) The “lady druggist” with the toothy smile was Andy’s love interest during the first season. (Before that, she had played the eldest daughter on “Father Knows Best.”)