- Matt Rosenberg
- 2 min
- Geography Expert
- Asia, the Largest Continent. Asia is by far the largest continent in the world, spanning 17.2 million square miles (44.6 million square kilometers). Being the largest geographically also puts Asia at an advantage population-wise, as having 4.6 billion of the world's 7.7 billion-person population.
- Africa. Africa is No. 2 on both lists: population and size. In area, it spans 11.6 million square miles (30 million square kilometers). Its population is estimated at 1.3 billion.
- North America. North America is where area and population diverge in their rankings because this continent's population is not growing as fast as Asia's.
- South America. South America is the fourth-largest continent, spanning 6.9 million square miles (17.8 million square kilometers). It is fifth on the world population list, with 431 million people living there.
However, in the list of continents, we had to place Russia in one continent or the other, so we placed it in Europe, following the United Nations classification. About 75% of the Russian population lives in the European continent. On the other hand, 75% of Russian territory is located in Asia. Which continent does Hawaii belong to? None.
A continent is defined by being a large continuous area of land that is generally separated by a body of water. Continents are made up of many countries and have millions and in some cases billions of people that call it home. There are 7 continents on planet Earth: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
There are seven continent on Earth now: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America. Enchanted Learning® Over 35,000 Web Pages Sample Pages for Prospective Subscribers, or click below Overview of Site What's New Enchanted Learning Home Monthly Activity Calendar Books to Print Site Index K-3 Crafts K-3 Themes
Best places to live 2022: Naples, Fort Myers fall in U.S. News annual rankings
Other parts...Many Midwestern states, including Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan and more see more than one metro area ranking high on the list because affordability is high ...
Naples Daily News via Yahoo
1 day ago
- Asia (Area 17.2 million sq mi) Asia is the largest and most populous continent of the Earth. It is mainly located in the Eastern and Northern Hemispheres.
- Africa (Area 11.3 million sq mi) Africa is the world’s second-largest and second-most populous continent, after Asia in both cases. Approximately 30.3 million km2, including adjacent islands, it covers 6% of the Earth’s total surface area and 20% of its land area.
- North America (Area 9.5 million sq mi) North America is a continent entirely within the Northern Hemisphere and almost all within the Western Hemisphere.
- South America (Area 6.8 million sq mi) South America is a continent with a relatively small portion in the Northern Hemisphere, mostly in the Western Hemisphere and mostly in the Southern Hemisphere.
People also ask
What are the continents in order from smallest to largest?
What is the largest continent by area?
What continent has the most land mass?
What are the seven continents in order?