5 days ago · Pope Julius II founded the museums in the early 16th century. The Sistine Chapel with its ceiling decorated by Michelangelo and the Stanze di Raffaello decorated by Raphael are on the visitor route through the Vatican Museums.
6 days ago · The Agony and the Ecstasy is a 1965 American film directed by Carol Reed and starring Charlton Heston as Michelangelo and Rex Harrison as Pope Julius II.The film was partly based on Irving Stone's 1961 biographical novel The Agony and the Ecstasy.
- THREE MUSICIANS. Created By – Pablo Picasso. Year – 1921. An oil painting by Picasso, the Three Musicians was completed in 1921. At first which might look as a collage of different drawings, is actually two paintings which he collectively referred as the Three Musicians.
- THE SCHOOL OF ATHENS. Created By – Raphael. Year – 1509-1511. The School of Athens is a fresco which decorates the wall of the Stanza della Segnatura in Vatican.
- THE KISS. Created By – Gustav Klimt. Year – 1908. Painted by the Austrian artist Gustav Klimt, The Kiss is an exquisite example of the artist’s ethereal, pattern like painting.
- THE PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY. Created By – Salvador Dali. Year – 1931. This bizarre piece by the Spanish painter Salvador Dali is considered to be inspired from Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.
3 days ago · In 1505 Michelangelo was invited back to Rome by the newly elected Pope Julius II and commissioned to build the Pope's tomb, which was to include forty statues and be finished in five years. Under the patronage of the pope, Michelangelo experienced constant interruptions to his work on the tomb in order to accomplish numerous other tasks.
5 days ago · Pope Julius II planned far more for St Peter's than Nicholas V's program of repair or modification. Julius was at that time planning his own tomb, which was to be designed and adorned with sculpture by Michelangelo and placed within St Peter's.
3 days ago · The above-mentioned commissions to Michelangelo and Raphael continued into the papacy of the succeeding pope, Leo X. He was another hedonistic pope with a great passion for art, literature and music. Reconstruction of St. Peter’s Basilica continued and so did its financing scheme through the sale of indulgences.
6 days ago · The Chapel was further enhanced under Pope Julius II by the painting of the ceiling by Michelangelo between 1508 and 1512 and by the painting of the Last Judgment, commissioned by Pope Clement VII and completed in 1541, again by Michelangelo.
2 days ago · It was an astounding feat of engineering. The basilica stood for over 1,000 years, however it had started to deteriorate and due to serious concerns that it may collapse, Pope Julius II (who also commissioned the painting of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel) concluded that it was beyond repair and that it would have to be demolished and rebuilt.
5 days ago · Current political leaders, 13 . Many Wikipedias have provisions for including current heads of government in their expanded vital article list. This list suggests the heads of the G7 countries, plus Brazil, China, India, Russia, the current U.N. Secretary General and the current Pope
3 days ago · The world-famous chapel showcases commissioned art pieces from Pope Julius II, and Michelangelo himself painted the vault of the chapel! The creative genius is responsible for most of the in-depth and awe-inspiring paintings that adorn The Sistine Chapel, and he took years upon years to complete them, from 1508 to 1512 to be exact.
- related to: raphael pope julius ii