NASA.gov brings you the latest images, videos and news from America's space agency. Get the latest updates on NASA missions, watch NASA TV live, and learn about our quest to reveal the unknown and benefit all humankind.
A NASA camera on the Deep Space Climate Observatory satellite has returned its first view of the entire sunlit side of Earth from one million miles away. This color image of Earth was taken by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC), a four megapixel CCD camera and telescope. The image was generated by combining three separate images to create a photographic-quality image.
Zoom Earth shows live weather satellite images of the Earth in a fast, zoomable map. Explore near real-time satellite images, rainfall radar maps, and animated wind maps. Track tropical cyclones, severe storms, wildfires, natural hazards and more. Contact. Tell us how Zoom Earth could be improved. Send us your ideas or questions via Twitter or ...
Apr 05, 2021 · Explore the World in Real-Time Launch web map in new window NOAA Satellite Maps - Latest 3D Scene This high-resolution imagery is provided by geostationary weather satellites permanently stationed more than 22,000 miles above the Earth. Use this web map to zoom in on real-time weather patterns developing around the world.
Explore: 100% Real Earth Photos. 182 likes. Photographer
- Moon in front of the Earth. An astronaut floats untethered in space. The sun smiles with a Halloween grin. A camera on the space station sees a single airplane below.
- Space station and space shuttle. A person took this image. Look closely. You can see the International Space Station with the Space Shuttle Endeavour attached on the left side.
- Jack-o'-lantern sun. It looks like a prankster got loose over at NASA, but this image of a freaky smiling face on the sun is really just a fortunate coincidence.
- Alone in space. This isn't a scene from the 2013 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney space thriller "Gravity." This is a photo of NASA astronaut Bruce McCandless roaming free in space after leaving the Space Shuttle Challenger.
Feature images and videos on your map to add rich contextual information. Customize your view Make use of Google Earth's detailed globe by tilting the map to save a perfect 3D view or diving into ...
Jul 20, 2015 · The images captured during DSCOVR’s mission are an ancillary function for the satellite. Its primary function: to remain between the Earth and the sun to detect solar wind, for scientific and ...
- David Yanofsky
A wise and sagely woman once posited that heaven is a place on a Earth. And if that's true, then hell is just two exits down on the left. Oh, it exists, do not doubt it. It's real, it's right here and I have the god damn pictures to prove it. Literally.
- related to: real earth photos