realityblurb.com Follow Latest Discussions Top Commenters X Recent activity 2 days ago RHOBH’s Kyle Richards Says Cast Wanted to Believe Worst About Erika Amid Legal Drama as Sutton Admits to Causing “So Much … 44 Comments Recent activity 2 days ago
Aug 31, 2023 · Updated August 31, 2023 A reader enters a bookstore. They walk towards your stunning book cover and flip it over. Their eyes skim over curated words…but the reader slides it back onto the shelf and moves on to the next book. What happened? Your worst nightmare, that’s what! The book blurb failed to sell them on your book. They’re not convinced.
People also ask
How to write a book blurb?
What are some good book blurbs for inspiration?
How do you describe a scene in a blurb?
Can a book blurb be more than one sentence?
- What Is A Blurb?
- Tips For Writing A Compelling Book Blurb
- Book Blurb Examples and Anatomy
- Bring Your Blurb to Life
As the persuasive summary of any book, film, or creative work, a blurb is a short promotional description. Blurbs typically appear on the back cover of printed booksand are intended to encourage readers to buy into the book. For ebooks and digital publications, you’ll usually find a blurb after the main cover image or used as the product descriptio...
Several practices can help leverage your blurb as an effective lure. Check out these tips to elevate your blurb writing skills and make your book all the more successful.
While there’s no perfect formula for writing the best blurb for your novel, some patterns are worth noting. Look at the blurb examples below and take notes on how they grab their readers and reel them in.
Whether you’re writing a novel or a short story, few selling tools are as critical as a solidly written blurb. Sure, the cover design creates intrigue. But, if you have caught a potential reader’s attention, the blurb is what will sell your book—and convert readers. *** Are you ready to self-publish your book? Get started today!
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: #1. Blurb Example (The Kite Runner): “Afghanistan, 1975: Twelve-year-old Amir is desperate to win the local kite-fighting tournament and his loyal friend Hassan promises to help him.
- Cloud Altas by David Mitchell: Blurb Book Examples. You do not want your readers to know everything from the blurb and you will not want your reader to get confused or uninterested upon reading the only sentence of your blurb.
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder. A good blurb is in the third person, an omniscient narration which will have a better impact on the potential reader.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. #4. Book Blurbs Example (Outlander): Scottish Highlands, 1945. Claire Randall, a former British combat nurse, is just back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient circles that dot the British Isles.
Jul 12, 2023 · If you don’t know where to begin, try referring to book blurb examples from best-sellers in your genre. Here’s a look at some examples of great book blurbs for inspiration: Fiction book example. Love Story by Erich Segal
May 2, 2023 · How to Write a Book Blurb (+ Free Template) A blurb is a short description of a book that is usually found on its back cover. Its purpose is to entice readers into buying the book by revealing details about its plot, setting, or subject. Blurbs are often 150-200 words long, though this may vary between genres and publishers.