Reggae fusion is now a regular staple on Jamaican radio stations, especially Zip 103 FM, in the form of singles, mixes and remixes. This has led to more reggae fusion hits being produced as well as making strong waves on the dancehall charts in Jamaica.
This is a list of reggae fusion artists. This includes artists who have either been very important to the genre, or have had a considerable amount of exposure (such as in the case of one that has been on a major label). Bands are listed by the first letter in their name (not including the words "a", "an", or "the"), and individuals are listed ...
- Music of Jamaica, Pinoy reggae, Reggae in Australia, New Zealand reggae
- Reggae Grammy winners 1985-present, Reggae musicians, Reggae rock artists, Reggae fusion artists, Roots reggae artists, Dub artists, Jamaican record producers, Reggae bands from the Virgin Islands
- Deejay (toasting), Delay, Hammond organ, One drop and rockers, Reverb, Singjay, Skank, Walking bass
- List of reggae festivals, Caribbean music, Caribbean music in the United Kingdom, Mento, Rastafari, Rude boy, Skinhead, Suedehead, Dance Hall (venue), Dubplate, Sound system (Jamaican), Sound system (DJ), Riddim, Jamaican English, Jamaican Patois, Studio One, Trojan Records, Island Records, Blue Beat
Reggae (/ ˈ r ɛ ɡ eɪ /) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1960s. The term also denotes the modern popular music of Jamaica and its diaspora. A 1968 single by Toots and the Maytals, "Do the Reggay" was the first popular song to use the word "reggae", effectively naming the genre and introducing it to a global audience.
People also ask
What is reggae fusion?
What is the history of reggae music?
What type of music does the band reggae play?
What is ska music?
Brick & Lace are a Jamaican-American dancehall/R&B (or reggae fusion) musical duo consisting of sisters Nyanda and Nailah Thorbourne.According to Billboard, their name reflects the tough and the soft sides of femininity.
Magic! is a Canadian reggae fusion band based in Toronto, Ontario.The band is composed of lead vocalist, guitarist and producer Nasri Atweh (Nasri), guitarist and keyboardist Mark "Pelli" Pellizzer, bassist Ben Spivak, and drummer Alex Tanas.
Voicemail is a Dancehall, Reggae Fusion group that hails from the heart of Kingston in the beautiful island of Jamaica. The group have become synonymous with producing some of the best dance hits and boast a unique sound unlike any other in the island and the world.
Third World is a Jamaican reggae fusion band formed in 1973. Their sound is influenced by soul, funk and disco.Although it has undergone several line-up changes, Stephen "Cat" Coore and Richard Daley have been constant members.
He is largely credited as being one of the original acts to cross hip-hop with reggae music, now known as reggae fusion, with songs such as "Try My Love" in 1992. Shinehead's vocal talent can be heard across various tracks on the Unity (1988) and The Real Rock (1992) albums.
Max Alfred "Maxi" Elliott (born 10 June 1961), known by his stage name Maxi Priest, is a British reggae vocalist of Jamaican descent. He is best known for singing reggae music with an R&B influence, otherwise known as reggae fusion. He was one of the first international artists to have success in this genre, and one of the most successful ...
- related to: reggae fusion wikipedia discography
music.amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month