This is a list of rhythm and blues (R&B) music artists. This list includes artists who have either been very important to the genre or have had a considerable amount of exposure (such as those that have been on a major label). Bands are listed by the first letter in their name (not including articles), and individuals are listed by last name.
Curtis Mayfield (June 3, 1942 – December 26, 1999) was an American soul, funk and rhythm and blues, singer-songwriter and guitarist from Chicago,… Sly & The Family Stone 961,679 listeners Sly & the Family Stone were an important and influential band from Vallejo, California, United States.
- Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is one of the few artists to be inducted twice into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame—as a member of The Jackson Five, and also as a solo artist.
- James Brown. "The Godfather of Soul," James Brown was a dazzling performer and shrewd businessman who was one of the most influential artists of the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder has won 22 Grammy Awards—more than any other male solo artist—and sold over 100 million singles and albums. In 1964, when he was 13 years old, Wonder became the youngest artist to hit number one on the Billboard 100 with his single "Fingertips."
- Marvin Gaye. Marvin Gaye recorded thirteen number one singles, seven number one albums, and his 1971 What's Going On is considered one of the greatest albums in history.
- Michael Jackson. A dynamic force as the pre-teen frontman of chart-topping family group The Jackson 5, Michael Jackson moonwalked his way into solo superstardom.
- Stevie Wonder. Over the course of his five-decade career, Steveland Morris has often been dubbed the eighth wonder of the world. Blind since birth but blessed with natural gifts as a singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Wonder is one of the few artists able to successfully transition from teen to adult stardom.
- Smokey Robinson. With his piercing green eyes, sweet falsetto and prolific pen, William “Smokey” Robinson has kept females swooning since the ‘60s when he and his group The Miracles helped put Motown on the map with such love-charged hits as “You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me” and “Ooo Baby Baby.”
- Ray Charles. Nicknamed “The Genius” for his skills as a singer, songwriter, musician and composer, Ray Charles set off a firestorm in 1955. That’s when he scored his first No. 1 single, “I’ve Got a Woman” -- and simultaneously pioneered the soul genre with his game-changing combination of R&B, gospel and blues.
Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen… Curtis Mayfield
- Ariana Grande. Famous As: Singer, Actress. Birthdate: June 26, 1993. Sun Sign: Cancer. Nationality: American. A talented youngster, Ariana Grande first stepped into the world of entertainment through Broadway musical 13 and later shot to fame with television series Victorious and its spinoff, Sam & Cat.
- Prince. Famous As: Singer. Birthdate: June 7, 1958. Sun Sign: Gemini. Nationality: American. Died: April 21, 2016. Singer-songwriter, dancer, and musician, Prince is is widely regarded as one of the greatest musicians of his generation.
- Adele. Famous As: Singer-songwriter. Birthdate: May 5, 1988. Sun Sign: Taurus. Nationality: British. Adele is one of the most successful female music artists from England.
- The Weeknd. Famous As: Singer. Birthdate: February 16, 1990. Sun Sign: Aquarius. Nationality: Canadian. One of the most successful Canadian recording artists, singer-songwriter, the Weeknd, holds several chart records and has won numerous awards, including three Grammy Awards.
Rhythm and blues, often abbreviated as R&B, is a genre of popular music that originated in African-American communities in the 1940s. The term was originally used by record companies to describe recordings marketed predominantly to urban African Americans, at a time when "urbane, rocking, jazz based music with a heavy, insistent beat" was becoming more popular.
Sep 27, 2018 · Pioneering Groups and Contemporary Artists Pioneering R&B groups in the 1940s and 50s included The Cardinals, the Swallows, Dunbar Four / Hi Fi's, the Four Bars of Rhythm, the Five Blue Notes, the Melodaires, the Armstrong Four, the Clovers, and the Buddies / Capt-Tans.
Jan 30, 2004 · Criteria: Female R&B/Soul Vocalists are rated by their ability, in their prime, for vocal range, ability to convey emotion, power, versatility, and uniqueness. Note: This list has nothing to do with record sales, career or popularity.
The booking agents at BookingEntertainment.com have been booking and producing big name acts for private parties worldwide for over 23 years. Whether you are looking to book top R&B music artists, singers and bands for a birthday party, Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah, wedding or anniversary party, your assigned Booking Entertainment agent will be happy to help you to book top R&B music artists ...
- related to: rhythm and blues artists r&b singer
searchandshopping.org has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month