- The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity. Rollo May. Courage, Soulmate, Self Esteem.
- Real freedom is the ability to pause between stimulus and response, and in that pause, choose. Rollo May. Real, Stimulus And Response, Ability.
- Courage is not the absence of despair; it is, rather, the capacity to move ahead in spite of despair. Rollo May. Courage, Moving, Despair.
- If you do not express your own original ideas, if you do not listen to your own being, you will have betrayed yourself. Rollo May. Depression, Ideas, Creating.
- “It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when they have lost their way.” ― Rollo May.
- “Many people suffer from the fear of finding oneself alone, and so they don't find themselves at all.” ― Rollo May, Man's Search for Himself.
- “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” ― Rollo May.
- “The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it's conformity.” ― Rollo May.
Quotations by Rollo May, American Psychologist, Born April 21, 1909. Share with your friends. "Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing."
Rollo May Suppose the apprehension of beauty is itself a way to truth? Suppose that “elegance”—as the word is used by physicists to describe their discoveries—is a key to ultimate reality?
189 wallpapers. “ Creativity is the encounter of the intensively conscious human being with his world. ”. — Rollo May. “ One of the few blessings of living in an age of anxiety is that we are forced to become aware of ourselves. ”. — Rollo May. “ The first thing necessary for a constructive dealing with time is to learn to live in the reality of the present moment.
This is their regressive aspect. But they also bring out new meaning, new forms, and disclose a reality that was literally not present before, a reality that is not merely subjective but has a second pole which is outside ourselves. This is the progressive side of symbol and myth.“. — Rollo May.
Rollo May — As quoted in Marriage Today : Problems, Issues, and Alternatives (1977) by James E. De Burger, p. 444 Variant: I think Dostoevsky was right, that every human being must have a point at which he stands against the culture, where he says, this is me and the damned world can go to hell.As quoted in The Wordsworth Dictionary of Quotations (1998) by Connie Robertson, p. 270
Inspirational Rollo May Quotes “The relationship between commitment and doubt is by no means an antagonistic one. Commitment is healthiest when it’s not without doubt but in spite of doubt.”-Rollo May “Freedom is man’s capacity to take a hand in his own development.
We must be fully committed, but we must also be aware at the same time that we might possibly be wrong. People who claim to be absolutely convinced that their stand is the only right one... is a dead giveaway of unconscious doubt. Commitment is healthiest when it is not without doubt, but in spite of doubt. Rollo May.