Romy Schneider's first film, made when she was 15, was When the White Lilacs Bloom Again (1953), credited as Romy Schneider-Albach. In 1954, Schneider, for the first time, portrayed a royal, playing a young Queen Victoria in the Austrian film Mädchenjahre einer Königin (known in the U.S. as The Story of Vickie and in Britain as Victoria in Dover).
Romy Schneider was born on 23 September 1938 in Vienna, Austria into a family of actors. Making her film debut at the age of 15, her breakthrough came two years later in the very popular trilogy Sissi (1955). Her mother, supervising her daughter's career, immediately approved Romy's participation in Christine (1958), the remake of Max Ophüls ...
Romy Schneider's international exposure was helped through her appearance in Luchino Visconti's segment (Il lavoro) of the 1962 anthology film Boccacio '70. The actress worked again with Visconti on his historical magnum opus Ludwig (1972), where she once again played the Empress Elisabeth of Austria, but in a very different vein to that of the ...
People also ask
How old was Romy Schneider when she made her first movie?
Where did Romy Schneider live most of her life?
Who are the parents of Romy Schneider actress?
When did Romy Schneider play Elisabeth of Austria?
Romy Schneider was a noted film actress, best known for her role of Empress Elisabeth of Austria in the ‘Sissi’ trilogy. Born in Vienna to an Austrian father and a German mother, she was raised in Germany by her maternal grandparents from the age of one month because her own parents were too busy with their acting careers to look after her.
Apr 19, 2021 · Romy Schneider Biography. Romy Schneider is best known as a Movie Actress. She portrayed Elisabeth of Austria in the historical film Ludwig, which was directed by Luchino Visconti. Her role as Empress Elisabeth in Sissi bolstered her fame. Romy Schneider was born on September 23, 1938 in Vienna, Austria. She appeared in the film When the White ...
Schneider continued to work with Visconti and starred in his 1961 episodic film "Boccaccio 70". The "new Romy" was tremendously well received outside of the German-speaking countries. Schneider finally became a serious actor and starred, for instance, in Orson Welles' Kafka adaptation "Le procès".
Jun 13, 2020 · Thirty-Seven Years. Romy Schneider would and should have been 81 by now. Thirty-eight years after her death, she is still being missed by the show biz and the audiences alike. Rome Schneider should have lived. By the way: The publication you are reading, The Berlin Spectator, was established in January of 2019.
Chantal Martinaud. 1980. La Mort en direct. Katherine Mortenhoe. 1977. A Group Portrait with a Woman. Leni Gruyten. 1975. L'Important C'est d'Aimer.
- September 23, 1938
- The Trial 1962, 118 min. Orson Welles • Starring: Romy Schneider, Elsa Martinelli, Suzanne Flon. Based-on-20th-Century-Literature • Drama • Dystopian Film.
- What's New Pussycat 1965, 108 min. Clive Donner, Richard Talmadge • Starring: Peter Sellers, Peter O'Toole, Romy Schneider. Comedy • Sex Comedy 2 find this movie on ►
- The Cardinal 1963, 175 min. Otto Preminger • Starring: Carol Lynley, Romy Schneider, Tom Tryon. Drama • Religious Drama. find this movie on ► Buy or Rent on iTunes.
- Sissi 1955, 102 min. Ernst Marischka • Starring: Romy Schneider, Karheinz Böhm, Magda Schneider. Comedy • Foreign Language Film • Period Film 2 find this movie on ►
- related to: romy schneider biography film