Penny Dreadful‘s very own Rory Kinnear has joined Showtime’s “spiritual descendant” of the original series — though ...
TVLine.com via Yahoo News
2 years ago
- How ‘Penny Dreadful: City of Angels’ Re-Creates Old Los Angeles — With Monsters Real and ImaginedVariety via AOL6 months ago
- ‘Penny Dreadful: City of Angels’: TV ReviewVariety6 months ago
- Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Premiere Recap: Did the 'Spiritual Descendant' Live Up to the Promise of Its Bloodline?TVLine.com via Yahoo News6 months ago
- ... Premiere Dates For ‘Billions’, ‘Black Monday’, ‘The Chi’, ‘Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels’ & ‘Vice’ – TCADeadline via Yahoo News9 months ago
- ‘Penny Dreadful: City of Angels’ Review: A Powerful Ensemble Buckles Under a Packed NarrativeIndiewire via Yahoo News6 months ago
Rory Kinnear is an award-winning British actor, perhaps best known for his role as Bill Tanner in the James Bond films QUANTUM OF SOLACE, SKYFALL and SPECTRE. Other film credits include MAN UP, CUBAN FURY, BROKEN (won Best Supporting Actor at the BIFA's), WILD TARGET and most recently Academy Award® and BAFTA nominated THE IMITATION GAME with ...
Mar 19, 2019 · Rory Kinnear is returning to the world of “Penny Dreadful,” Variety has learned.. The acclaimed British actor, who is best known for playing MI6 operative Bill Tanner in the James Bond films ...
- You've worked a lot with Penny Dreadful creator John Logan. What do you love about his work?
- What can you tell us about Peter Craft?
- Did John write the character for you?
- How does City of Angels differ from the original Penny Dreadful?
- Penny Dreadful | Rory Kinnear on The Creature | Season 3youtube.com
- Penny Dreadful | Rory Kinnear on the Padded Cell Episode | Season 3youtube.com
- Penny Dreadful | Rory Kinnear on The Creature | Season 2youtube.com
- Penny Dreadful | Chris King on Rory Kinnear as Lucifer & Dracula | Season 3youtube.com
Mar 19, 2019 · Rory Kinnear, who played the Creature in the original Penny Dreadful series, is returning for a key role in Showtime’s City of Angels sequel.. Kinnear will play Dr. Peter Craft, a series regular ...
- Denise Petski
Rory Michael Kinnear is an English actor. He portrayed The Creature on Showtime's Penny Dreadful and currently portrays Peter Craft on Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. Season 1 Santa Muerte, Dead People Lie Down, Wicked Old World, Josefina and the Holy Spirit, Children of the Royal Sun, How It Is With Brothers, Maria and the Beast, Hide and Seek, Sing, Sing, Sing, Day of the Dead
- February 17, 1976
- The Creature Peter Craft
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England, UK
People also ask
Who plays the creature in Penny Dreadful?
What movies has Rory Kinnear been in?
Who is Rory Kinnear?
Apr 24, 2020 · Penny Dreadful: City of Angels stars Natalie Dormer, Nathan Lane, Daniel Zovatto, and Rory Kinnear share what drew them to the series. City of Angels premieres April 26 on Showtime.
Rory Kinnear appears in both Penny Dreadful worlds – as Frankenstein’s monster in the original and now as new character, German paediatrician and Nazi supporter, Peter Craft.
- Elaine Reilly
WARNING: The following contains spoilers for Penny Dreadful: City of Angels premiere, "Santa Muerte." In the Penny Dreadful franchise, one of the biggest draws has been Rory Kinnear's Creature, aka Caliban. He was the human turned into a monster by Dr. Frankenstein, also being called John Clare.
- Renaldo Matadeen
- Appearance and Personality
The Creature (otherwise known under various names) is a man who has been brought back from death, reanimated by the medical craft of Victor Frankenstein. The only thing that is his own is his soul, but even he questions whether he really has one. He is Victor's first creation, his "first born". After experiencing the cruelty and mercy of man the Creature only wants one thing in this world, love. Someone like him that he can share his life with and finally find happiness that he so desperately lo...
The Creature is distinctly male, and covered in surgical scars from where his body parts were stitched together. His physical description rejects the popular Hollywood portrayal of a flat-headed, zombie-like figure with bolts in its neck, and instead is strikingly faithful to the description the creature had in the original Mary Shelley novel. Like his counterpart from the novel, he has beautiful black shoulder length hair, horrific yellow eyes, black lips, and is blessed with superior speed, du...
The Creature was created in the former lab of Victor Frankenstein, he was born covered in blood and went hysterical most likely from pain. Victor soon abandoned the Creature due to being frightened by his creation, leaving him all alone. When he finally leaves the place of his creation, he learns of both the cruelty and mercy of men in a single night, during which he was beaten unmercifully by a mob then given food and a home by Vincent Brand, an aged actor. He is given a job as a stage hand at...
- Night Work (uncredited)
- Orderly (formerly)Stage Hand (formerly)
- The Blessed Dark
- Reanimated human
The first season of Penny Dreadful received positive reviews from critics, with a Metacritic rating of 70 out of 100 based on 37 reviews. It holds an 80 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with an average score of 7.36 out of 10, based on 61 reviews, with the site's consensuses stating, "Skillfully shot and superbly acted, Penny Dreadful is perplexing in a good way – even if it's a bit silly ...YearAwardCategoryNominee(s)2014Critics' Choice Television AwardsMost Exciting New SeriesPenny Dreadful2015BAFTA Television Craft AwardsBest Costume DesignGabriella Pescucci2015BAFTA Television Craft AwardsBest Make Up and Hair DesignEnzo Mastrantonio, Nick Dudman, Stefano Ceccarelli2015BAFTA Television Craft AwardsBest Original Television MusicAbel Korzeniowski