Jul 27, 2021 · The technical observation post of Berdiansk border guard detachment found a small target in the waters of the Sea of Azov, which was moving rapidly along the coast. Permission to go to sea at that time was not asked by any small craft. As provocations of the aggressor country are possible in this water area, border guards were quick to react.
Jul 23, 2021 · To the South it had the Black Sea and Caucasus, being separated from the latter by the Manych River depression, which in Post-Pliocene times connected the Sea of Azov with the Caspian. The western boundary was purely conventional: it crossed the Kola Peninsula from the Varangerfjord to the Gulf of Bothnia .
Jul 27, 2021 · Військові в Азовському морі провели навчання з бойовими вертольотами . Jump to map
During the first century AD., Pomponius Mela refers to the "Turcae" in the forests north of the Sea of Azov, and Pliny the Elder lists the "Tyrcae" among the people of the same area.;  yet English archaeologist Ellis Minns contended that Tyrcae Τῦρκαι is "a false correction" for Ἱύρκαι Iyrcae / Iyrkai , a people who dwelt ...
- 2,774,000 (incl. citizens)
- 56–60 million (2016 est.)
4 days ago · Army Group South pushed down from the Dnieper to the Sea of Azov coast, also advancing through Kharkov, Kursk, and Stalino. The combined German and Romanian forces moved into the Crimea and took control of all of the peninsula by autumn (except Sevastopol , which held out until 3 July 1942).
- 22 June 1941 – 9 May 1945, (3 years, 10 months, 2 weeks and 2 days)
- Soviet victory as part of the Allied victory in the European theatre of World War II, Fall of the Third Reich, Beginning of the Cold War and creation of the Eastern Bloc and the Iron Curtain, Beginning of anti-Communist insurgencies
- Europe east of Germany: Central and Eastern Europe, in later stages:Germany and Austria
- Soviet occupation of, Central and Eastern Europe, Allied occupation of Germany, Austria and Partition of Germany, Polish puppet state and change of borders, Soviet occupation of Romania, Soviet occupation of Hungary, Bulgarian communist coup and Soviet occupation, Soviet re-occupation of the Baltics, Czechoslovakia cedes Carpathian Ruthenia, East Prussia split between the Soviet Union (Kaliningrad Oblast) and Poland (Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship)
Jul 27, 2021 · “This year, the Navy will receive the first set of the Bayraktar unmanned complex, which surface forces and marines will use both in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov,” Neizhpapa said May 12 during the All-Ukrainian Forum “Ukraine 30.″ In recent years (and especially in recent months), Turkey and Ukraine strengthened their military bonds.
Jul 26, 2021 · The return of the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov to the area of international maritime law and maritime security should be the international community’s priority. 11:04 CDA Kent notes significant progress on Ukrainian judicial system reforms. U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent, who currently serves as Chargé d'Affaires in Ukraine ...
4 days ago · The Sea of Galilee is situated in northeast Israel, between the Golan Heights and the Galilee region, in the Jordan Rift Valley, the valley caused by the separation of the African and Arabian plates. Consequently, the area is subject to earthquakes, and in the past, volcanic activity. This is evident from the abundant basalt and other igneous ...
Jul 25, 2021 · Hand coloured folding map, pasted on linen and kept in original blind stamped cover, with printed title label. Very good condition for a separately issued map. Rare coloured linen backed map showing the harbour and town of Sevastopol, with soundings. In upper left corner a inset map (65x150mm) of the Black Sea.
Jul 27, 2021 · 13:46 NATO calls on Russia to allow freedom of navigation in Sea of Azov. NATO considers Russia's actions to restrict access through the Kerch Strait and ban on navigation in the Sea of Azov a part of the country's broader pattern of destabilising behaviour in the region and calls on Russia to stop provocations immediately.