The winner of the first season won a cash prize of $20,000, $5,000 worth of MAC Cosmetics, was featured in an LA Eyeworks campaign, and joined the Logo Drag Race tour. One of the nine contestants to compete on RuPaul's Drag Race , Nina Flowers was determined by an audience vote via the show's official website to be the season's Miss Congeniality.No. overallNo. in seasonTitleOriginal air date11"Drag on a Dime"February 2, 2009 ( 2009-02-02)22"Girl Group Challenge"February 9, 2009 ( 2009-02-09)33"Queens of All Media"February 16, 2009 ( 2009-02-16)44"Mac Viva-Glam Challenge"February 23, 2009 ( 2009-02-23)
The first season of RuPaul's Drag Race, later referred to as The Lost Season, premiered in the United States on February 2, 2009, on Logo. Nine contestants were selected to compete in the running of becoming "America's Next Drag Superstar." The winner of the first season won a lifetime supply of MAC Cosmetics, was featured in an LA Eyeworks campaign, joined the Logo Drag Race tour, and won a cash prize of $20,000.
- 2 min
Season 1 (122) 8.4 2009 X-Ray TV-14 Join RuPaul, the most famous drag queen in the world, as the host, mentor and inspiration on RuPaul's Drag Race, the ultimate in drag queen competitions.
The first season of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars premiered on the Logo network on October 22, 2012. Contestants from the original RuPaul's Drag Race show returned to compete again. Cast members were announced on August 6. This season features 12 returning contestants representing all four seasons. It aired six one-hour episodes.
- 2 min
- "It Takes Two" Airdate: October 22, 2012. Entrance Order 1. Pandora Boxx 2. Latrice Royale 3. Yara Sofia 4. Shannel 5. Raven 6. Alexis Mateo.
- "RuPaul's Gaff-In" Airdate: October 29, 2012. The mini-challenge, "In Da Butt Ru", tests how well the teams know each other by asking them questions in the style of The Newlywed Game.
- "Queens Behaving Badly" Airdate: November 5, 2012. For the mini-challenge, the queens had to take a photographic self-portrait posed as a sexy macho male, which Team Yarlexis won.
- "All-Star Girl Groups" Airdate: November 12, 2012. In the mini challenge the girls had to dress up in cheer-leading costumes and "read" the other contestants in a cheer format.
- 1 min
- Promo Looks. Theme: Best Drag & Drag Race. Akashia. Best Drag. Drag Race. BeBe Zahara Benet. Jade. Nina Flowers.
- Confessional Looks. Akashia. Bebe Zahara Benet. Jade. Nina Flowers. Ongina. Rebecca Glasscock. Shannel. Tammie Brown. Victoria Porkchop Parker.
- Episode 1. Runway Theme: Drag On A Dime. Entrance Look. Runway Look.
- Episode 2. Runway Theme: Girl Group. Akashia. BeBe Zahara Benet. Jade. Nina Flowers. Ongina. Rebecca Glasscock. Shannel. Tammie Brown.
- "The Royal Queens" Airdate: October 3, 2019. Synopsis: RuPaul brings the award-winning global phenomenon to the UK for the first time. Ten of the country’s most fabulous drag queens will compete in the Olympics of drag in the hope that RuPaul, queen of queens, will crown them as the UK’s first Drag Race Superstar.
- "Downton Draggy" Airdate: October 10, 2019. Synopsis: This week the queens’ acting skills are put to the test as they star in a sumptuous new comedy costume drama - Downton Draggy.
- "Posh On A Penny" Airdate: October 17, 2019. Synopsis: This week RuPaul tests the queens’ sewing skills and fashion sense, as they are challenged to create show-stopping outfits from junk found at a car boot sale.
- "The Snatch Game" Airdate: October 24, 2019. Synopsis: This week the queens take on the iconic Snatch Game challenge, where they must deliver their best celebrity impersonations against a classic TV game show backdrop.
- SHANNEL. Shannel’s journey on RuPaul’s Drag Race was certainly a difficult one, but the queen did return to compete on All Stars 1 and went all the way to the top.
- BEBE ZAHARA BENET. The original RuPaul’s Drag Race winner BeBe Zahara Benet has been seen time and time again on the show, such as during the iconic season 8 photoshoot including all the past winners, as well as during the season 10 celebration of the franchise’s first decade on the air.
- JADE SOTOMAYOR. Since appearing on season 1 of Drag Race, Jade Sotomayor has been a booked-and-busy queen. All in all, Jade makes club appearances both in and out of drag, humorously nicknaming her out-of-drag persona Trade Sotomayor (get it!?).
- REBECCA GLASSCOCK. Rebecca Glasscock had a pretty hard time on season 1 of Drag Race, and it certainly feels like the man behind the drag decided to close that chapter in his life.
BeBe Zahara Benet (top left), Tyra Sanchez (top right), Raja (bottom left), and Sharon Needles (bottom right), the winners of seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4, respectively. Season 1 premiered in the U.S. on February 2, 2009, on Logo TV. Nine contestants competed to become "America's Next Drag Superstar".