Shrek 2 is a 2004 American computer-animated comedy film directed by Andrew Adamson, Kelly Asbury and Conrad Vernon. It is the sequel to 2001's Shrek and the second installment in the Shrek film franchise. The film stars Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy and Cameron Diaz, who reprise their respective voice roles of Shrek, Donkey, and Fiona.
Newlyweds Shrek and Fiona return from their honeymoon to...
In 2001, soon after the original Shrek proved to be a hit,...
The film's soundtrack features the song "Accidentally in...
The film's success helped establish DreamWorks Animation as a prime competitor to Pixar in feature film computer animation, and three sequels were released—Shrek 2 (2004), Shrek the Third (2007), and Shrek Forever After (2010)—along with two holiday specials, a spin-off film, and a stage musical that kickstarted the Shrek franchise.
Shrek 2 (also known as Shrek 2: The Game and ported for the PC as Shrek 2: Team Action) is a 2004 action-adventure video game published by Activision, based on the DreamWorks Animation film Shrek 2. The game was developed by Luxoflux for the PlayStation 2 , Xbox , and GameCube platforms, while a version for PC was developed by KnowWonder .
- Cultural References
After Shrek and Princess Fiona return from their honeymoon, they are invited to a royal ball by Fiona's parents to celebrate their marriage. Shrek is reluctant to participate in, reasoning that he is worried about how Fiona's parents would react to her new look. Donkey appears, wanting to move in with them after a fall-out with Dragon, much to their consternation. They all travel to the kingdom of Far Far Away and meet Fiona's parents, King Harold and Queen Lillian, the former of which is repulsed by Shrek being an ogre. At a shared meal, Shrek and Harold get into a heated argument over how Shrek and Fiona will raise their family, and Fiona, disgusted by Shrek and Harold's behavior, locks herself away in her room that evening. Shrek worries that he has lost his true love, particularly after finding her childhood diary and reading that she was once infatuated with Prince Charming (voiced by Rupert Everett). When Fiona realizes that Shrek left she asks her father for help but he repli...
1. Mike Myers as Shrek 2. Eddie Murphy as Donkey 3. Cameron Diaz as Princess Fiona 4. Julie Andrews as Queen Lillian 5. Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots 6. John Cleese as King Harold 7. Rupert Everett as Prince Charming 8. Jennifer Saunders as Fairy Godmother
1. Joan Rivers as Red Carpet Announcer 1.1. Kate Thornton (UK version) as Red Carpet Announcer 2. Larry King as Doris the Ugly Stepsister 2.1. Jonathan Ross (UK version) as Doris the Ugly Stepsister 3. Aron Warner as Big Bad Wolf 4. Cody Cameron as Pinocchio; The Three Little Pigs 5. Christopher Knights and Simon J. Smith as Three Blind Mice 6. Conrad Vernon as Gingerbread Man; Muffin Man; Mongo; Cedric; Announcer 7. Chris Miller as Magic Mirror 8. Mark Moseleyas Dresser 9. Kelly Cooneyas Fas...
In July 2001, it was reported that the main cast of Shrek were set for huge paychecks for voicing a sequel to the film. Following a successful collaboration with the original film, Eddie Murphy had signed a two-year, first-look production deal with DreamWorks, where he also signed writer-director Todd Fieldto a two-year deal. The film was produced with a US$70 million dollar budget.
Dreamworks references Movie references 1. The mermaid that washes up on Shrek in the beginning of the film bears a strong resemblance to Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid. 2. The dinner scene where the camera cuts to different characters saying each other's names references a scene from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. 3. When the potion factory is being flooded with a potion flow, two workers were turned into living objects resembling Lumiere and Cogsworth from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. 4. The character Puss in Boots is based on Zorro, a character played by Banderas, who also voices Puss. His behavior references Zorro as he appeared in the 1998 film, The Mask of Zorro. 5. Donkey yells out "I'm melting!" when it starts to rain, which is a reference to the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz. 6. When the Fairy Tale creatures rescue Shrek, Donkey, and Puss, Pinocchio dives into the prison attached to puppet strings, a reference to Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible. Th...This was the first film to use the 2004 DreamWorks Animation logo until 2009's Monsters vs. Aliens.
Characters 1. Big Bad Wolf 2. Cedric (First appearance) 3. Prince Charming (First appearance) 4. Cinderella 5. Cyclops (First appearance) 6. Donkey 7. Doris (First appearance) 8. Dragoness 9. Dronkeys (First appearance) 10. Fairy Godmother (First appearance) 11. Fairy Godmothers Elfs (First appearance) 12. Fiona 13. Gingerbread Man 14. King Harold (First appearance) 15. Headless Horseman (First appearance) 16. Knights 17. Kyle (First appearance) 18. Queen Lillian (First appearance) 19. Little Mermaid (First appearance) 20. Little Red Riding Hood (First appearance) 21. Magic Mirror 22. Miss Frog (First appearance) 23. Mongo (First appearance) 24. Muffin Man (First appearance) 25. Pinocchio 26. Pirates 26.1. Captain Hook (First appearance) 27. Puppy Dog (First appearance) 28. Puss in Boots (First appearance) 29. Rapunzel (First mentioned) 30. Red Carpet Announcer (First appearance) 31. Reggie (First appearance) 32. The 7 Dwarfs 33. Shrek 34. Sleeping Beauty (First appearance) 35. Thre...
- Production Information
- See Also
Prince Charming arrives at the Dragon castle to rescue Fiona but is too late. Shrek and Fiona have their wedding. When Shrek (Mike Myers) and Fiona (Cameron Diaz) come back from their honeymoon, they find an invitation to a royal ball with Fiona's parents to celebrate their marriage, an event that Shrek is reluctant to participate in. Fiona talks him into it, and along with Donkey (Eddie Murphy), they travel to the kingdom of Far Far Away. They meet Fiona's parents, King Harold and Queen Lill...
1. Mike Myers: Shrek 1. Eddie Murphy: Donkey 1. Cameron Diaz: Princess Fiona 1. Antonio Banderas: Puss in Boots 1. Jennifer Saunders: Fairy Godmother 1. Rupert Everett: Prince Charming 1. John Cleese: King Harold 1. Julie Andrews: Queen Lillian 1. Conrad Vernon: Gingerbread Man/Muffin Man/Mongo 1. Cody Cameron: Pinocchio/Three Little Pigs 1. Christopher Knights: Three Blind Mice 1. Aron Warner: Wolf 1. Frank Welker: Animals' vocal effects (uncredited)
1. Accidentally in Love performed by the Counting Crows – 3:08 2. Holding Out for a Hero performed by Frou Frou – 3:22 3. Changes performed by Butterfly Boucher & David Bowie – 3:22 4. As Lovers Go performed by Dashboard Confessional – 3:29 5. Funkytown performed by Lipps Inc. – 3:59 6. I'm on My Way performed by Rich Price – 3:21 7. I Need Some Sleep performed by Eels – 2:28 8. Ever Fallen in Love performed by Pete Yorn – 2:32 9. Little Drop of Poison performed by Tom Waits – 3:11 10. You'r...
1. In an early version of the movie, Shrek abdicated the throne and called for a fairy-tale election. Pinocchio's campaign was the \\"honesty\\" campaign while Gingy's was a \\"smear\\" campaign. Director Andrew Adamson said it was overtly satiric and political, with many funny ideas, but \\"it was more intellectual than emotional\\".Shrek: From the Swamp to the Screen
1. In the beginning when Shrek accidentally kissed a mermaid resembling Ariel from the Disney 1989 animated feature The Little Mermaid, Fiona drags Ariel and throws her back in the ocean, then two sharks eat Ariel. 2. When Shrek tries to get the ring this was a reference to the Lord of the Rings saga. 3. When Shrek and Fiona were at the beach they had the pattern on their bathing suits with blue and white flowers. 4. When people run out of Farbucks (a parody of Starbucks), they run across th...
1. Shrek (film) 2. Shrek 4-D 3. Shrek 2 promotional appearances 4. Shrek the Third 5. Shrek the Halls 6. Shrek Forever After 7. Furniture 8. Shrek 2 Gallery
Shrek 2: Motion Picture Soundtrack is the soundtrack for the hit animated comedy film Shrek 2 and was released in May 2004, to accompany the release of the film. The soundtrack reached the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 and number 1 on the Soundtrack Albums as well as topping the albums chart in Australia.
People also ask
Where can you watch Shrek 2?
What is the main message in Shrek 2?
Does Shrek kiss a mermaid in Shrek 2?
What is the Kings name in Shrek 2?
Shrek 2 is a 2004 American computer-animated fantasy comedy film which was directed by Andrew Adamson, Kelly Asbury and Conrad Vernon. It is the 2nd installment in the Shrek series and the sequel to Shrek .
The film was a critical and commercial success and won the first ever Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. It was followed by three sequels: Shrek 2 (2004), Shrek the Third (2007), and Shrek Forever After (2010) with a reboot currently in development. The first film was adapted into a Broadway musical called Shrek The Musical in 2008.
Puss in Boots is a main character in the Shrek franchise, also being portrayed as the title character and protagonist of the film Puss in Boots (2011). He made his first appearance in the film Shrek 2 (2004), soon becoming Shrek's partner and helper (alongside Donkey).
Shrek is the first feature film in the Shrek franchise, starring Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, and John Lithgow. The film was critically acclaimed as an animated film worthy of adult interest, with many adult-oriented jokes and themes, but a simple enough plot and humor to appeal to children. It made notable use of pop music—the soundtrack includes music by Smash Mouth, Eels, Joan ...