A rash is a change of the human skin which affects its color, appearance, or texture.. A rash may be localized in one part of the body, or affect all the skin. Rashes may cause the skin to change color, itch, become warm, bumpy, chapped, dry, cracked or blistered, swell, and may be painful.
Hives, also known as urticaria, is a kind of skin rash with red, raised, itchy bumps. They may also burn or sting. Often the patches of rash move around. Typically they last a few days and do not leave any long-lasting skin changes. Fewer than 5% of cases last for more than six weeks. The condition frequently recurs.
People also ask
How do you identify a skin rash?
What are skin rashes and bumps mean?
What are some causes of rashes?
Miliaria, also called "sweat rash", is a skin disease marked by small and itchy rashes due to sweat trapped under the skin by clogged sweat gland ducts. Miliaria is a common ailment in hot and humid conditions, such as in the tropics and during the summer season.
Dermatitis, also known as eczema, is a group of diseases that result in inflammation of the skin. These diseases are characterized by itchiness, red skin and a rash. In cases of short duration, there may be small blisters, while in long-term cases the skin may become thickened.
Rashes that characteristically occur as part of certain viral infections are called exanthems. Many rashes from viruses are more often symmetrical and affect the skin surface all over the body, including roseola and measles. Sometimes certain viral rashes are localized to the cheeks, such as parvovirus infections (fifth disease).
Irritant diaper dermatitis is a generic term applied to skin rashes in the diaper area that are caused by various skin disorders and/or irritants.. Generic diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis (IDD) is characterized by joined patches of erythema and scaling mainly seen on the convex surfaces, with the skin folds spared.
- diaper dermatitis, napkin dermatitis" diaper rash, nappy rash
3.3 Necrotizing rashes; 3.4 Petechiae/Purpura (by cause) 3.5 Erythematous rash; 3.6 Dark raised skin lesions; 4 Evaluation. 4.1 Rash visual diagnosis; 4.2 ...
- Flea bites. usually located in clusters on the lower legs and feet. itchy, red bump surrounded by a red halo. symptoms begin immediately after being bitten.
- Fifth disease. headache, fatigue, low fever, sore throat, runny nose, diarrhea, and nausea. children are more likely than adults to experience a rash.
- Rosacea. chronic skin disease that goes through cycles of fading and relapse. relapses may be triggered by spicy foods, alcoholic beverages, sunlight, stress, and the intestinal bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
- Impetigo. common in babies and children. often located in the area around the mouth, chin, and nose. irritating rash and fluid-filled blisters that pop easily and form a honey-colored crust.
Sep 28, 2019 · Skin rashes can occur from a variety of factors, including infections, heat, allergens, immune system disorders and medications. One of the most common skin disorders that causes a rash is atopic dermatitis (ay-TOP-ik dur-muh-TI-tis), also known as eczema. Atopic dermatitis is an ongoing (chronic) condition that makes skin red and itchy.
Rashes are abnormal changes in skin color or texture. They usually result from skin inflammation , which can have many causes. There are many types of rashes, including eczema , granuloma annulare ...