People also ask
What are some fun facts about Earth?
What are some unique things about Earth?
What are the best things about the planet Earth?
What are things to know about Earth?
- Earth is not flat, but it's not perfectly round either. Earth has never been perfectly round. The planet bulges around the equator by an extra 0.3 percent as a result of the fact that it rotates about its axis.
- The days are getting longer. The length of Earth's day is increasing. When Earth was formed 4.6 billion years ago, its day would have been roughly six hours long.
- There weren't always several continents. Earth's continents have had an on-again, off-again relationship that has lasted for millions of years. Some 800 million years ago the great tectonic plates that Earth's land masses ride upon came together, assembling the continents into a large supercontinent called Rodinia; what is now North America lay at the center of it.
- Earth's icy times. About 600-800 million years ago, Earth underwent several extreme climate changes known as ice ages. The climate became so cold that some scientists believe Earth nearly or completely froze several times; this is known as the "snowball Earth" theory.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun and is the largest of the four terrestrial planets namely Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars (Order of the planets from the Sun: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto (the dwarf planet)).
- The existence of water in the liquid phase on Earth is due to the temperature span that exists on the Earth: 0 – 100 degree Celsius. Water boils at 100 degree Celsius, thus converting it into gas and making it unusable for consumption by living beings including humans, animals, and birds, etc.
- Earth is the only place in the solar system where water can be present in all the three states – solid, liquid and gas.
- We are all traveling around the Sun at an average velocity of 107,182 kilometers per hour. And at the same time, we are also spinning with an enormous speed – that could be 1000 miles per hour depending on your position on Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the sun in our solar system. Its name comes from the the old English and Germanic words meaning ‘the ground’.
- Our amazing planet has been around for quite some time. By researching our planet’s rocks, scientists have calculated the Earth to be around 4.5 billion years old!
- Like all the planets, Earth orbits (travels around) around the sun. And it does so at some serious speed –– around 30 kilometres per second, in fact!
- Have you ever wondered why we have different seasons? We’ll tell you –– it’s because the Earth is tilted 23.4 degrees on its ‘axis’, an imaginary line straight through the middle of the planet form the North Pole to the South Pole.
Sep 20, 2021 · Those who know you may be surprised Earth facts in English some interesting information about the earth. Earth Facts In English| 1-18. 1. Earth is the fifth largest planet in size on which life is its only satellite moon. 2. Distance of Earth from sun 149. It is 6 million Kilometres. 3.
Aug 06, 2020 · Fun facts about earth day 20 fun earth facts for day mom interesting facts about earth for kids take the earth day every challenge 10 fascinating facts about earth day 20 Fun Earth Facts For Day Mom On TimeoutEarth Day Facts For Kids Interesting About Fun5 Things You Didn T Know About Earth Day Neighborhood…