Apr 19, 2021 · Crime in Near South Side - Chicago, IL Crime Map. City Crime Map Neighborhoods. Search this area. Robbery 04/27/2021 12:51 AM 1200 BLOCK OF S WABASH AVE Theft 04/22/2021 8:00 AM KIMBARK BETWEEN 61ST AND 62ND Shooting 04/22/2021 4:20 AM 1400 BLOCK OF SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE Assault 04/19/2021 11:00 PM 031XX S LITUANICA AVE Assault 04/19/2021 10:37 ...
An argument in a house on Chicago's South Side erupted into gunfire early Tuesday, leaving four people dead and four more injured, police said.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
9 hours ago
South Chicago crime rates are 147% higher than the national average. Violent crimes in South Chicago are 401% higher than the national average. In South Chicago you have a 1 in 17 chance of becoming a victim of crime. South Chicago is safer than 27% of the cities in Illinois. Year over year crime in Chicago has decreased by 6%.
Source: The Near South Side, Chicago, IL crime data displayed above is derived from the FBI's uniform crime reports for the year of 2019. The crime report encompasses more than 18,000 city and state law enforcement agencies reporting data on property and violent crimes.
- Riverdale. Violent Crime Per 100K: 743. Property Crime Per 1K: 2,830. Reported Crimes: 478. Population: 13,205. Riverdale is situated in the southeast part of Chicago.
- Englewood. Violent Crime Rate Per 100K: 1,006. Property Crime Per 100K: 3,182. Reported Crimes: 9,386. Population: 25,858. Violent crime is almost 7 times more common in Englewood than in the rest of American cities.
- Washington Park. Violent Crime Per 100K: 420. Property Crime Per 100K: 2,008. Reported Crimes: 9,904. Population: 3,096. Washington Park is one of the most impoverished neighborhoods in Chicago.
- Fuller Park. Violent Crime Per 100K: 1,422. Property Crime Per 10K: 4,496. Reported Crimes: 5,918. Population: 2,348. You can find Fuller Park on Chicago’s south side.
At least seven people are injured after a shooting on Chicago's South Side, according to local reports. 3:25. VIDEO 3 days ago. ... Chicago's Crime Wave April 23.
People also ask
Is the south side of Chicago dangerous?
What is the south side of Chicago?
What are crime statistics in Chicago?
- Marquette and Wolcott. Located in West Englewood, this abandoned building has become quite the eyesore to people in the area. Over the years, residents have pushed to have this — and other — abandoned buildings in the area demolished.
- Marquette and Justine. This building can be found in one of the most dangerous areas of West Englewood. What was once a beautiful piece or architecture has become the location for several crimes.
- Marquette and Hermitage. What used to be a beautiful residence now stands as one of West Englewood’s abandoned buildings. Located at the corner of Marquette Road and Hermitage Avenue, this two story structure has been condemned for years.
- Marquette and Ashland. Located in an area that was once a popular for its commercial buildings, this abandoned storefront on Marquette and Ashland has fallen into disrepair.
- Riverdale. 2 Population: 7,361. Rank Last Year: 1 (No Change) Median Home Value: $24,186 (worst) Median Income: $15,894 (worst) More on Riverdale: Data.
- Englewood. 4 Population: 25,858. Rank Last Year: 2 (No Change) Median Home Value: $70,261 (2nd worst) Median Income: $23,317 (3rd worst)
- Washington Park. 5 Population: 11,871. Rank Last Year: 3 (No Change) Median Home Value: $104,058 (9th worst) Median Income: $24,556 (5th worst)
- Fuller Park. 4 Population: 2,348. Rank Last Year: 4 (No Change) Median Home Value: $109,700 (11th worst) Median Income: $22,962 (2nd worst)
- West Garfield park. Population: 17,277. Violent crimes per 100,000 people – 3,596. This neighborhood is outside of south Chicago. There is a 1 in 20 chance of being a victim of a violent crime if you live in this city for one year.
- Washington park. Population: 11,871. Violent crimes per 100,000 people – 3,290. Washington Park was ranked in the 3 worst neighborhood in Chicago last year, this year; it's in the 6 position.
- East Garfield park. Population: 20,100. Violent crimes per 100,000 people – 3,078. The crime rate in East Garfield Park is 295% higher than the average crime rate in the country and you have a 1 in 10 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime.
- Englewood. Population: 25,858. Violent crimes per 100,000 people – 3,026. Englewood has been ranked as the fourth-worst neighborhood in Chicago. The average income per year is $20,000 and according to government statistics, a family of our needs a minimum of $25,000 to survive and remain above the poverty line.
- related to: south side chicago crime