South West England is one of nine official regions of England. It consists of the counties of Bristol, Cornwall (including the Isles of Scilly), Dorset, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire. Large cities and towns in the region include Bristol, Cheltenham, Exeter, Gloucester, Plymouth and Swindon.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_England
South West England is one of nine official regions of England. It consists of the counties of Bristol, Cornwall (including the Isles of Scilly), Dorset, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire. Large cities and towns in the region include Bristol, Cheltenham, Exeter, Gloucester, Plymouth and Swindon.
Southwest England is home to some of England’s most enchanting spots. Counties such as Dorset, Devon and Cornwall maintain a feeling of remoteness and tranquillity that make them popular holiday destinations. The region’s major cities include Bristol and Bath, which are just a 12 minute train journey from each other.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in South West England, England on Tripadvisor: See 590,689 traveler reviews and photos of South West England tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in January. We have reviews of the best places to see in South West England. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
People also ask
What is the most southern part of England?
What is the south coast of England?
Where is the south west?
What is southern England?
- Bath. There's plenty bubbling below the surface of this elegant Somerset city, and not just the ancient thermal springs, with Victorian parks to roam and medieval abbeys to scale.
- Bournemouth. Bournemouth is home to all things nautical, a seven-mile swathe of Blue Flag beaches dotted with quintessentially English beach huts, a traditional pier and plenty of ice-cream kiosks.
- Bristol. Visit Bristol, Banksy’s town and experience a wide range of attractions for all the family. From stunning bridges to modern museums, this South West city has something for everyone.
- Cornwall. Cornwall is one of the primary reasons couples and families visit South West England. Beautiful coastlines and stunning food make a trip to Cornwall a brilliant choice.
South West England There are eight destinations that make up the South West, each with their own unique character to explore. Click on the images below to discover more about each destination.
This map was created by a user. Learn how to create your own.
Map of South West England Click to see large. Description: This map shows cities, towns, rivers, airports, railways, highways, main roads and secondary roads in South ...
The other regions recording a week-on-week fall are the East Midlands, East of England, the North East, South East and Yorkshire & the Humber. The
Yahoo News UK
2 days ago
- Brits wake to blanket of snow as weather warnings issued for swathes of UKYahoo News UK15 hours ago
- UK weather: Snow settles across country as Met Office issues widespread warningsThe Independent via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- COVID deaths decreasing in four regions of England as total fatalities approach 100,000Yahoo News UK5 days ago
- England to pick from 28-man squads for Six Nations under new Covid-19 protocolPA Media: Sport via Yahoo Sports1 day ago
- Blizzard warnings in effect as big storm barrels eastwardAccuWeather via Yahoo News4 days ago
Photogenic places in southwest UK, England and Wales, generally within 70 miles of Bristol: landscapes and historic sites, including coastlines, beaches, mountains, nature reserves and wildflowers, castles, cathedrals, churches and abbeys
Just 90 minutes west of London by train, South West England has some of the country’s most stunning coastline and quaint villages. The area has developed a taste for luxury over the centuries with huge castles turned into hotels, some of the finest food and drink, and a rich, historic culture.
Feel-Good results for south west england