Overview. During this live virtual tour we will have a stroll through the Jewish Quarter in Prague and we will explore the history of the Jewish Community in Bohemia and Moravia. We will see the Old New Synagogue, one of the oldest active temples in the world, we will have a look at the Old Jewish Cemetery going back to the 15th century, we will admire Spanish Synagogue built in moorish style and we will follow the steps of Rabbi Loew.
The Spanish Synagogue is the newest synagogue in the area of the so-called Jewish Town, yet paradoxically, it was built at the place of the presumably oldest synagogue, Old Schoo... We did a self-guided tour of the Jewish quarter which included all the buildings other than the Old-New Synagogue.
- Vezenska 141/1, Prague, 110 00, Bohemia
People also ask
What is the oldest synagogue in Prague?
What is the Spanish Synagogue?
Is there a Jewish Museum in Prague?
What is the most beautiful synagogue in Europe?
Jan 26, 2021 · The main event in Prague is an online concert from the Spanish Synagogue. The Jewish Museum in Prague and the Jewish Community of Prague will broadcast a gala concert from the newly renovated Spanish Synagogue at 6 p.m. A link to the show will on the Facebook pages of the Jewish Museum in Prague and the Jewish Community in Prague.
The Spanish Synagogue in Prague is known as the most beautiful synagogue in Europe. The Spanish Synagogue - בית הכנסת הספרדי (Hebrew), Španělská synagoga (Czech), Spanische Synagoge (German) - is the newest synagogue in the area of the so-called Jewish Town, yet paradoxically, it was built at the place of the presumably oldest synagogue, Old School (also known as Altshul).
Spanish Synagogue in Prague is one of the most beautiful synagogues in Europe. The synagogue got its name from the Moorish style, in which it was in 1868 built on the site of the original synagogue – so called Altschul - from the 12th century. Exotic style, inspired by famous Alhambra, emphasized the reformist character of the new synagogue, which belonged to German-speaking reform Jews.
Budapest Klezmer Band live at Spanish Synagogue, in Prague - 7th November 2015.Website: http://budapestklezmerband.webnode.hu/NOTE: The video was recorded wi...
- 5 min
- Tiago Soares
Dec 05, 2016 · It used to be the home of the Jewish ghetto, full of terrible housing and living conditions, but has since evolved into the most expensive area to live (and shop) in Prague. We went inside of the Spanish Synagogue, which included a display and history of Jews in Prague. Spanish Synagogue. Den Noc: A family friend recommended this breakfast spot. We had amazing, amazing savory pancake stacks (stack one: mushrooms, onions, goat cheese; stack two: bacon, feta, lime, basil, avocado).
Jun 05, 2018 · Spanish Synagogue. Jewishmuseum.cz. Vězeňská 1. t. 222 749 211. The Spanish Synagogue is the newest of the bunch, but ironically built on the site of the oldest synagogue in Prague, which was called the Old Shul. So perhaps it would be the better bearer of the name of the "old-new", but that's another story.
- Maisel Synagogue. The Maisel Synagogue was unveiled in 1592 and was founded by the mayor of the Prague Jewish Town at the time, Mordecai Maisel. Mayor Maisel oversaw the Renaissance reconstruction of the Jewish Town and the construction of this particular synagogue was no different – it was originally a Renaissance temple with three naves, which was rare for this time period.
- Spanish Synagogue. The Spanish Synagogue is actually the newest synagogue of the Prague Jewish Quarter, erected in 1868, and is known as the most beautiful synagogue in Europe.
- Old-New Synagogue. The early Gothic Old-New Synagogue is the oldest monument in the Prague Jewish Quarter and is also the oldest preserved synagogue in Europe, dating back to the 13th century.
- Pinkas Synagogue. The Pinkas Synagogue is the second-oldest preserved synagogue in Prague, built in the Gothic style in 1535 by the Horowitz family, prominent members of Prague’s Jewish community.