Star Cinema. Star Cinema is a Philippine film production company and film distributor headquartered in Quezon City. It is the country's largest motion picture company in terms of revenue, ticket sales, and number of films released annually. Star Cinema has produced and released most of the highest-grossing Philippine films of all time.
- List of Films Produced and Released by Star Cinema
This is the list of feature-length theatrical films produced...
Star Cinema was founded on May 8, 1993 as the cinema arm of...
- Star Creatives Television
The television unit of ABS-CBN Film Productions was Star...
- List of Films Produced and Released by Star Cinema
Star Cinema was a movie theater chain owned by AGT Enterprises, Inc., of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, with nine locations in the states of Iowa and Wisconsin in the United States of America. Altogether, the chain's nine locations included 95 total movie screens, including Wisconsin's only IMAX theater at the Fitchburg location.
People also ask
Where does the name Star Cinema come from?
Where is Star Cinema located in the Philippines?
When did Star Cinema start to make movies?
Who is the parent company of Star Cinema?
Films produced or distributed by ABS-CBN Film Productions, Inc. (also known as Star Cinema. Subcategories. This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
IStar Cinema Co., Ltd. (아이스타 시네마) (also known as IStar Cinema, Inc. and iStar Cinema) is a Korean entertainment company founded in May 2005. IStar Cinema is affiliate of Yuri International . Its business sectors are management of celebrities, producing films and drama, and producing original soundtracks.
- Star Creatives Television
- Star Home Video
- Film Distribution
Vanguard Films was formed in 1983. It was headed by Simon Ongpin and Charo Santos-Concio. In 1985, the serial komiks by Nerissa Cabral, Hindi Nahahati ang Langitwas adapted into a film and it stars Christopher de Leon, Lorna Tolentino, Edu Manzano, and Dina Bonnevie. The said film was directed by Mike de Leon but uncredited due to a disagreement between him and the producers.
In 1989, while ABS-CBN continued to expand its reach to the Filipino nation, the driving forces of the re-established TV network under Charo Santos-Concio formed a film company Vision Films. It was operated independently from ABS-CBN and Regal Films. The first film offering of the company was Kailan Mahuhugasan ang Kasalanan(1989), directed by Lino Brocka. Throughout its short existence, all of the films produced by Vision Films are drama based on radio serials an...
Star Cinema was founded on May 8, 1993 to transform ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation into a true entertainment company. Although still a new player in the film industry, Star Cinema has poised itself to be a major competitor of big film companies like Viva Films and Regal Entertainment. Its strategies to reflect the viewer's current taste and trends has proven to be successful starting from the 1990s with a string of films targeted to mainstream viewers with fi...
The television unit of ABS-CBN Film Productions is Star Creatives TV, it was established in 2000 to produce telenovelas for the ABS-CBN television network. It started its television venture in 2000 with Pangako Sa ’Yo (known internationally as The Promise), a series that had gained huge following in the country and abroad. The series had a very successful run in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Namibia, Kenya, Singapore, and China. In Kenya, the series paved the way for other teleseryes which remain popular till today. It was followed by another successful series Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay (2002). In 2008, its most expensive television production Lobo (known internationally as She Wolf) received the Banff World Media Festival for best telenovela program and earned Angel Locsin an International Emmy Awards nomination for best performance of an actress. Sana Maulit Muli (2008) also gained a following in...
Star Recording Inc. is the home video and DVD distribution arm of ABS-CBN Film Productions operating as Star Home Video (formerly known as Star Records Video). It is the exclusive home video distributor of the Star Cinema film library along with other ABS-CBN Film Productions' units like Cinema One Originals, the ABS-CBN Archives through its ABS-CBN Film Restoration label as well as ABS-CBN programs, karaokeCDs and some international films via Skyfilms.
Star Cinema distributes all of its films as well as movies produced by other production companies. In recent years, due to the popularity of independent films, Star Cinema created new divisions that would cater the niche markets. These are Sine Screen and Skylight Films. Star Cinema also redistributes classic films restored by ABS-CBN Film Archives and Central Digital Lab, Inc. In 2015, Star Cinema released the Cinema One Originals film That Thing Called Tadhana with critical and box office success. The film went on to gross over ₱134 millionagainst its budget of only two-million pesos.
Star Cinema: Philippines Quezon City: 1993 Viva Films: Philippines Quezon City: 1981 Appetite Production: Poland Kraków: 2008 Se-ma-for: Poland Łódź: 1947 Rosa Filmes: Portugal Lisbon: 1993 MediaPro Pictures: Romania Bucharest: 1998 Castel Film Romania: Romania Bucharest: 1992 Gorky Film Studio: Russia Moscow: 1915 Lenfilm: Russia Saint ...
- See Also
1. Silverbird Cinemas – in 2 locations in Accra, Ghana
1. Megarama – operating in Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fez, with more cities coming 2. IMAX – inside Morocco Mall, Casablanca 3. La Renaissance – independent cinema in Rabat; includes a restaurant and a music venue
1. Cinemark Hoyts 2. Cinépolis 3. Showcase Cinemas
1. Multicine 2. Cine Center 3. Cinemark
1. Afa Cinemas 2. Araújo 3. Arteplex 4. Box 5. Centerplex 6. Cine Show 7. Cineart 8. Cinearte 9. Cinemagic 10. Cinemais 11. Cinemaniaca 12. Cinemark Theatres 13. CinemaxX 14. Cineplex 15. Cineplus 16. Cinépolis 17. Cinesystem 18. Cinespaço(Espaço) 19. Estação 20. GNC Cinemas 21. Grupo Arcoíris 22. Grupo Cine 23. Guion 24. Lumiere 25. Moviecom 26. Multi Star 27. Orient 28. PlayArte 29. PMC 30. Roxy Cinemas 31. Sala de Arte 32. UCI Cinemas 33. Usiminas 34. Cine A 35. Cineflix 36. Cinesercla 37....
1. Ariana Cinema 2. Aryob Cinema 3. Bakhtar Cinema 4. Biraristan Cinema 5. Khairkhona Cinema 6. Kunduz Cinema 7. Pamir Cinema 8. Park Cinema 9. Temurshahi Cinema
1. VOX Cinemas 2. AMC Theatres 3. Muvi Cinemas 4. Empire Cinemas 5. Cinepolis Cinemas
1. Big Movies 2. FCube Cinemas 3. QFX Cinemas 4. MidTown Cinemas
1. Kinepolis 2. UGC 3. Imagix 4. Pathé 5. Quai 10
1. Les Cinémas Gaumont Pathé 2. UGC 3. MK2 4. CGR 5. Cinéville 6. Mégarama 7. Kinepolis 8. Grand Écran 9. Utopia
1. CineStar 2. UCI 3. Cineplex 4. CinemaxX 5. K-Motion 6. Kinopolis 7. Capitol 8. Ufa 9. Yorck 10. Kinostar 11. Drive-In 12. Apollo 13. Rex 14. Filmpalast
1. Cineplex Australia 2. Dendy Cinemas 3. Event Cinemas (previously known as Greater Union, Birch, Carroll & Coyle and Village Cinemas) 4. Howard Cinemas 5. Hoyts 6. Independent Exhibitors 7. Palace Cinemas and Luna Palace Cinemas 8. The Movie Masters – Ace Cinemasand Grand Cinemas 9. Reading Cinemas 10. United Cinemas 11. Victa Cinemas 12. Wallis
1. Ascot Cinema 2. Berkeley Cinemas 3. Bridgeway Cinema 4. Capitol Cinema 5. Cinema 3 Pukekohe 6. Confluence Whanganui 7. Embassy 3 Whanganui 8. Event Cinemas 9. Hoyts 10. Lido Cinema 11. Light House Cinema 12. Monterey Cinemas 13. SKYCITY Cinemas 14. Reading Cinemas 15. Rialto Cinemas 16. State Cinemas 17. The Vic Devonport
Star Cinema Grill is a Houston based dine-in-theater concept that offers our guests first run film releases, an extensive menu, and a full service bar with a wide selection of beer, wine and spirits. Our goal is “To provide every guest with an unforgettable experience through unmatched hospitality, the highest quality food & beverages, and a ...
Find local listings of businesses and services near you. Get driving directions, reviews and ratings, phone numbers, addresses and more on Local.com.