- related to: star trek film series reboot
- Star Trek is a 2009 American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. It is the eleventh film in the Star Trek franchise, and is also a reboot that features the main characters of the original Star Trek television series portrayed by a new cast, as the first in the rebooted film series.
People also ask
When is Star Trek season 2?
What is the best Star Trek TV show?
Who is the new cast of Star Trek?
Who are the characters in Star Trek Next Generation?
Star Trek Film Series (Reboot) 1. Star Trek (2009) PG-13 | 127 min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi. 2. Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) 3. Star Trek Beyond (2016)
Though sets were constructed, scripts written, characters cast, and production started, the series was cancelled in favor of The Motion Picture, the first Star Trek feature film. The series would have anchored a fourth U.S. television network, the Paramount Network.
Apr 18, 2021 · The Star Trek movie franchise has been in limbo the past few years, ever since Star Trek Beyond underperformed at the box office and ended up losing around $50.5 million. But Paramount has finally...
Sep 14, 2019 · The new Star Trek movies take us back to the era of James T. Kirk, Spock and McCoy, but rather than being a simple reboot or a direct sequel, the first film actually establishes that it is taking...
- Zak Wojnar
- Good: Made Star Trek Popular and Cool Again. We're getting a new Star Trek television series in 2017. The truth is, a new TV series would not be forthcoming if it wasn't for the resounding success of the Star Trek reboot films.
- Bad: Split The Fanbase Right Down the Middle. Star Trek has had strong periods of creative and commercial success, and its had its off-seasons; season 2 of Enterprise, for example, or Star Trek: Insurrection.
- Good: Leonard Nimoy. Leonard Nimoy made his bones as Spock, First Officer/Science Officer of the USS Enterprise under the command of Christopher Pike and then James Kirk, in The Original Series.
- Bad: Glossed-Over Utopian Future. In Star Trek, humanity has been through devastating wars and come through to the other side, enlightened and wiser. After an entire history defined by human-on-human violence and endless war, mankind finally reaches peace with itself.
- Quentin Tarantino
- S. J. Clarkson
- Noah Hawley
Star Trek 4 is the working title for an American science fiction film in development at Paramount Pictures, based on the television series Star Trek by Gene Roddenberry. It is intended to be the 14th film in the Star Trek film series. There have been several different iterations of the film in development since 2015. Development of a sequel to Star Trek Beyond was revealed before the release of that film, with J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay writing. In December 2017, Quentin Tarantino pitched his
Shortly before filming for Star Trek Beyond began in June 2015, Paramount Pictures completed last-minute contract re-negotiations with the main cast members of the Star Trek franchise's reboot films. This gave the actors pay rises while signing Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto to return for a fourth film in their respective roles as James T. Kirk and Spock. While promoting the release of Beyond, producer J. J. Abrams revealed on July 15, 2016, that the fourth film would see Chris Hemsworth reprisin
A few days after Tarantino's project was announced, he and Abrams convened a writers room consisting of Mark L. Smith, Lindsey Beer, Drew Pearce and Megan Amram, to hear Tarantino's idea and begin developing it into a film. One of the group would be chosen to write a screenplay for the film while Tarantino focused on his ninth film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Smith was considered the frontrunner. As part of the initial discussion for the project, Abrams and Paramount had agreed that the film
S. J. Clarkson entered talks to direct the Beyond sequel in April 2018. This would have made her the first woman to direct a Star Trek film, a development that came after an extensive search for a female director which had been a mandate from Abrams and Paramount. Payne and McKay had completed a screenplay at that time, but Paramount had yet to sign new contracts for the main cast outside of Pine and Quinto, including Urban, Pegg, John Cho, and Zoe Saldana. After Clarkson joined the film, Quinto
Noah Hawley was hired to write and direct a new Star Trek film for Paramount in November 2019, which he would produce under his 26 Keys Production company alongside Abrams. The film was set to feature a new plot different from the George Kirk time travel premise and also separate from Tarantino's story idea, though the film was expected to be a sequel to Beyond and see Pine, Quinto, Urban and Saldana all return. Paramount and Skydance were said to be hopeful that negotiations would be more succe
—Noah Hawley on his plans for Star Trek, referencing a scene from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, before his version of the project was placed on hold in August 2020 Hawley's project was placed on hold in August 2020 by new Paramount Pictures president Emma Watts, whose top priority at the studio was to "figure out" the direction of the Star Trek franchise. She was weighing several options, including Hawley's film, which he still intended to direct and for which "soft prep" had already ...
Star Trek Beyond is a 2016 American science fiction action film directed by Justin Lin, written by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung, and based on the television series Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry. It is the thirteenth film in the Star Trek franchise and the third installment in the reboot series , following Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).
- related to: star trek film series reboot
amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month