- 1. the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time: "the state of the company's finances" synonyms
- 2. a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government: "Germany, Italy, and other European states" synonyms
- 1. of, provided by, or concerned with the civil government of a country: "the future of state education"
- 2. used or done on ceremonial occasions; involving the ceremony associated with a head of state: "a state visit to Hungary by Queen Elizabeth"
- 1. express something definitely or clearly in speech or writing: "the report stated that more than 51 percent of voters failed to participate"
- 2. present or introduce (a theme or melody) in a composition.
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
www.thefreedictionary.com/state#:~:text=state 1 Manner of being or form of,distress: fume. ... 3 An organized geopolitical unit:
- Manner of being or form of existence: condition, mode, situation, status.
- Informal. A condition of excited distress: fume. ...
- An organized geopolitical unit:
People also ask
What is state word?
What does your state mean?
What does state by state mean?
What does it mean to state something?
state: [noun] mode or condition of being. condition of mind or temperament. a condition of abnormal tension or excitement.
State definition, the condition of a person or thing, as with respect to circumstances or attributes: a state of health. See more.
Define state. state synonyms, state pronunciation, state translation, English dictionary definition of state. n. 1. a. A condition or mode of being, as with regard to ...
state meaning: 1. a condition or way of being that exists at a particular time: 2. the present situation: 3. a…. Learn more.
State can be a condition — like solid, liquid, or gas, or even sad or happy. It can also be a state as in Idaho or New York. To state is to say something.
Oct 20, 2020 · State, political organization of society, or the body politic, or, more narrowly, the institutions of government.The state is a form of human association distinguished from other social groups by its purpose, the establishment of order and security; its methods, the laws and their enforcement; its territory, the area of jurisdiction or geographic boundaries; and finally by its sovereignty.
State. As a noun, a people permanently occupying a fixed territory bound together by common habits and custom into one body politic exercising, through the medium of an organized government, independent sovereignty and control over all persons and things within its boundaries, capable of making war and peace and of entering into international relations with other states.
State Definition: Groups of people which have acquired international recognition as an independent country and which have a population, a common language and a defined and distinct territory. Related Terms: Government , Crown , International Law , Law of Nations , Nation , Citizenship , Sovereign , Sovereignty , State Immunity