- JJ Dolm
- The lyrebird. Native to Australia, the lyrebird is a natural mimic that can generate virtually any sound that it hears, including children’s toys, chainsaws and the calls of other animals.
- Carnivorous Trees. Okay, so saying these trees are carnivorous may be hyperbolic, but the phenomenon of trees growing around a stationary object is an amazing example of nature’s power as well as perseverance.
- Mammatus Clouds. If these clouds seem ominous it’s because they are. Formed under extreme meteorological conditions, they are often a harbinger of a severe thunderstorm or even an impending tornado.
- Red-Lipped Batfish. Also known as the Galapagos batfish, this deep water vixen cruises around at depths of 30 meters or more and puts the phrase “trout pout” to shame.
Sep 16, 2016 · Mother Nature is full of surprises. From a landscape of bubbling, gurgling mud volcanoes to swirling, blue walls hidden in a cave, the world is dotted with spectacular, natural oddities that may ...
13,532 weird nature stock photos are available royalty-free. Reset All Filters. Weird Forms of Nature. Weird ways shaped by erosion and nature. Weird Forms of Nature ...
- Never-ending Wave: Occurs twice a year in Brazil when the Atlantic ocean meets the mouth of the Amazon River. The resulting waves can travel 500 miles inland before slowing down.
- Under-water Crop Circles: In Japan, male pufferfish flapping their fins create these alien-esque circles in the sand.
- Bleeding Glacier: Also known as “Blood Falls” in Antarctica, the outflowing water resembles blood due to iron oxide.
- Blue Lava: Due to the combustion of sulfuric gases at extremely high temperatures, this volcano in Indonesia produces the blue glowing lava.
Dec 9, 2012 - Explore Jelinn McGee's board "Weird Nature", followed by 1185 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about Weird, Nature, Weird animals.
in Weird Nature Animals 15 Weird Animal Crossbreeds That Actually Exist 1.2M readers Natural World These Are The Creepiest Natural Wonders You Can Actually Visit 18k voters Animals The Strange, Sordid Tale Of The Zanesville Zoo Escape 749.2k readers Outdoors Scariest Hiking Trails In The U.S.
Scroll down for more weird and wonderful animal facts. They come from a website called Weird Nature and you're sure to learn a thing or two you didn't know before. Don't forget to vote for your favorite piece of animal trivia! More info: Weird Nature
- Really Weird Anthropocene Animals. FACT: Male mallards are extremely aggressive during breeding season, to put it mildly. So aggressive that they’ll readily breed with other species, resulting in some really wild-looking hybrids.
- Owls in the Outhouse. FACT: Owls and other cavity nesting birds are sometimes attracted to and fall down the vent pipe on public outhouses. There’s an owl in the toilet – and that’s not a joke.
- Strange Shrew Facts. FACT: Some shrews use echolocation: they emit sounds producing sonar that helps them navigate their world (much like bats). They walk on water, they’re one of the few venomous mammals in the world, and they can win epic battles with snakes and scorpions.
- The Magnificently Weird Mola Mola. FACT: The mola’s odd shape disguises its true claim to fame: it’s the heaviest bony fish in the world. Slimy and brimming with parasites, they’re shapeshifters that out-gun every vertebrate fish in the ocean and even dupe unwitting scientists.
- The Great Blue Hole - Belize.
- Yellowstone. author:tomstexasblues.
- Northern Outburst. author:Oystein Lunde Ingvaldsen.
- Wall of Light. author:Alexander Semenov.
- Grandma Teaches Blond Children Important Life Lessons.
- Guy Reaches Through Computer Screen And Types Backwards While A Surprised Cat Looks Off Into The Distance.
- “A Centaur Has Met The Wrong Half. He Was Very Puzzled.”
- Cat With A Bouquet At The Feet Of Mistress.