- JJ Dolm
- The lyrebird. Native to Australia, the lyrebird is a natural mimic that can generate virtually any sound that it hears, including children’s toys, chainsaws and the calls of other animals.
- Carnivorous Trees. Okay, so saying these trees are carnivorous may be hyperbolic, but the phenomenon of trees growing around a stationary object is an amazing example of nature’s power as well as perseverance.
- Mammatus Clouds. If these clouds seem ominous it’s because they are. Formed under extreme meteorological conditions, they are often a harbinger of a severe thunderstorm or even an impending tornado.
- Red-Lipped Batfish. Also known as the Galapagos batfish, this deep water vixen cruises around at depths of 30 meters or more and puts the phrase “trout pout” to shame.
- Never-ending Wave: Occurs twice a year in Brazil when the Atlantic ocean meets the mouth of the Amazon River. The resulting waves can travel 500 miles inland before slowing down.
- Under-water Crop Circles: In Japan, male pufferfish flapping their fins create these alien-esque circles in the sand.
- Bleeding Glacier: Also known as “Blood Falls” in Antarctica, the outflowing water resembles blood due to iron oxide.
- Blue Lava: Due to the combustion of sulfuric gases at extremely high temperatures, this volcano in Indonesia produces the blue glowing lava.
Mother Nature is full of surprises. From a landscape of bubbling, gurgling mud volcanoes to swirling, blue walls hidden in a cave, the world is dotted with spectacular, natural oddities that may ...
Oct 15, 2020 - Explore Mary Kay Thomas's board "Strange Nature" on Pinterest. See more ideas about Animals beautiful, Cute animals, Pet birds.
Many of the photos on this list have been of lightning, which is due to its being seen in some bizarre circumstances. This picture captures lightning formed in a cloud that erupts from a volcano. It’s difficult to imagine something scarier than a joining of these two frightening events, but it indeed occurs in nature.
Nov 12, 2015 · Man Unveils Nature Funny Picture. Owl Bird Funny Nature Picture. Polar Bear Funny Nature Sleep. Rat Eating Carrot Funny Nature. Run Forest Run Funny Nature Tree. Scorpions Are Natures Way Of Saying Funny Nature Meme. Snow Tree Funny Nature. Squirrel Begging For Food Funny Nature. Squirrel Hanging Funny Nature Picture. Squirrel Playing In Snow Funny Nature
Scroll down for more weird and wonderful animal facts. They come from a website called Weird Nature and you're sure to learn a thing or two you didn't know before. Don't forget to vote for your favorite piece of animal trivia! More info: Weird Nature
- The Great Blue Hole - Belize.
- Yellowstone. author:tomstexasblues.
- Northern Outburst. author:Oystein Lunde Ingvaldsen.
- Wall of Light. author:Alexander Semenov.
- The Martian Spherules. In 2004, the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity had already detected curious blueberry-shaped microscopic formations in the martian soil…but a much stranger picture was taken by Opportunity at the end of 2012, depicting bigger spherules in larger numbers.
- The Babushka Lady. Babushka Lady is a nickname for an unknown woman present during the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy who might have photographed the events.
- The Hessdalen Lights. The Hessdalen Light is an unexplained light usually seen in the Hessdalen valley in Norway. In 2007, a group of teachers, students and scientists established a science camp in Norway to study the phenomenon.
- Pyramid on the Moon. This photo was taken by Apollo 17 near the Geophone Rock, during the last flight to the moon, and it was listed as a “blank” in the Apollo 17 photographic index.
Stock photos are made to be sold but it’s impossible to think anyone would buy these. From a grandma teaching a group of blond children the secrets of “stab between the fingers” to a female version of Adolf Hitler peeling potatoes, the photographers behind these shots were probably trying a bit too hard.
- related to: strange nature pictures