- Sydney Pollack Dies Of Cancer At 73. Pollack had been diagnosed with cancer about nine months ago, said Dart. Pollack, who occasionally appeared on the screen himself, worked with and gained the respect of Hollywood's best actors in a long career that reached prominence in the 1970s and 1980s.
People also ask
How did Sydney Pollack die?
Who is Sydney Pollack?
When was Sydney Pollack born?
How many movies sydney pollack?
Sydney Pollack, a Hollywood mainstay as director, producer and sometime actor whose star-laden movies like “The Way We Were,” “Tootsie” and “Out of Africa” were among the most successful of the 1970s and ‘80s, died on Monday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 73. The cause was cancer, said a representative of the family.
- Nicholas Graham
Pollack died of cancer Monday afternoon at his home in Pacific Palisades in Los Angeles, surrounded by family, said publicist Leslee Dart. Pollack had been diagnosed with cancer about nine months...
Oscar-winning director Sydney Pollack died of cancer Monday. He was 73. Pollack, who was also an actor and producer, was surrounded by family at his home in Pacific Palisades when he passed,...
- Kristin Boehm
May 26, 2008 · Pollack had been diagnosed with cancer about nine months ago, said Dart. Pollack, who occasionally appeared on the screen himself, worked with and gained the respect of Hollywood’s best actors in a...
Pollack had been diagnosed with cancer about nine months ago, said Dart. Pollack, who occasionally appeared on the big screen himself, worked with and gained the respect of Hollywood's best actors,...
May 15, 2008 · Sydney Pollack: Stomach Cancer May 15, 2008 Studying the horoscope of Sydney Pollack (born July 1, 1934 at 4:30 PM in Lafayette, IN; Asc 3 Sag 06), I do not see the usual telling signs of critical illness over the past three years leading up to his diagnosis (supposedly in Sept’ 07) of stomach cancer.
→ Topic: Sydney Pollack dies of cancer Topic: Sydney Pollack dies of cancer Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer — Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.
- Chadwick Boseman. Fans had been worrying about Chadwick Boseman's health when he was visibly thinner in the last few months and the worst they feared actually came when on August 28, it was announced that the 43-year-old passed away after battling colon cancer for four years.
- Wes Craven. One of pioneers in horror genre, Wes Craven is best known for creating the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" franchise and the "Scream" franchise.
- Donna Summer. Donna Summer, the Queen of Disco who gained popularity in the 1970s, died on May 17, 2012 at age 63 from lung cancer. Asbestos was blamed for her illness as her apartment was near ground zero and she was home at the time of the 9/11 attack, with many firefighters and first responders' lung issues being linked to the attack years after the incident.
- Michael Crichton. Author and filmmaker Michael Crichton has sold his books over 200 million copies worldwide, included his popular novels "Jurassic Park" and "Congo", which have been adapted into feature films.
Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 20 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 movies or shows and produced over 44 films. His 1985 film Out of Africa won him Academy Awards for directing and producing.
Sydney Pollack, Director: Tootsie. Sydney Pollack was an Academy Award-winning director, producer, actor, writer and public figure, who directed and produced over 40 films. Sydney Irwin Pollack was born July 1, 1934 in Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to Rebecca (Miller), a homemaker, and David Pollack, a professional boxer turned pharmacist. All of his grandparents were Russian Jewish ...