Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 20 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 movies or shows and produced over 44 films. His 1985 film Out of Africa won him Academy Awards for directing and producing.
- Actor, producer, director
- Sydney Irwin Pollack, July 1, 1934, Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American movie and television director, producer and actor. Pollack was born in Lafayette, Indiana. During his childhood he moved to South Bend, Indiana. He moved to New York City when he was 17. He won an Emmy Award in 1966.
- Georges Huisman (1946), Georges Huisman (1947), Georges Huisman (1949), André Maurois (1951), Maurice Genevoix (1952), Jean Cocteau (1953), Jean Cocteau (1954), Marcel Pagnol (1955), Maurice Lehmann (1956), André Maurois (1957), Marcel Achard (1958), Marcel Achard (1959), Georges Simenon (1960), Jean Giono (1961), Tetsurō Furukaki (1962), Armand Salacrou (1963), Fritz Lang (1964), Olivia de Havilland (1965), Sophia Loren (1966), Alessandro Blasetti (1967), André Chamson (1968), Luchino Visconti (1969), Miguel Ángel Asturias (1970), Michèle Morgan (1971), Joseph Losey (1972), Ingrid Bergman (1973), René Clair (1974), Jeanne Moreau (1975)
- Liv Ullmann (2001), David Lynch (2002), Patrice Chéreau (2003), Quentin Tarantino (2004), Emir Kusturica (2005), Wong Kar-wai (2006), Stephen Frears (2007), Sean Penn (2008), Isabelle Huppert (2009), Tim Burton (2010), Robert De Niro (2011), Nanni Moretti (2012), Steven Spielberg (2013), Jane Campion (2014), Joel Coen and Ethan Coen (2015), George Miller (2016), Pedro Almodóvar (2017), Cate Blanchett (2018), Alejandro González Iñárritu (2019), Spike Lee (2020)
- Tennessee Williams (1976), Roberto Rossellini (1977), Alan J. Pakula (1978), Françoise Sagan (1979), Kirk Douglas (1980), Jacques Deray (1981), Giorgio Strehler (1982), William Styron (1983), Dirk Bogarde (1984), Miloš Forman (1985), Sydney Pollack (1986), Yves Montand (1987), Ettore Scola (1988), Wim Wenders (1989), Bernardo Bertolucci (1990), Roman Polanski (1991), Gérard Depardieu (1992), Louis Malle (1993), Clint Eastwood (1994), Jeanne Moreau (1995), Francis Ford Coppola (1996), Isabelle Adjani (1997), Martin Scorsese (1998), David Cronenberg (1999), Luc Besson (2000)
Sydney Pollack, a Hollywood mainstay as director, producer and sometime actor whose star-laden movies like "The Way We Were," "Tootsie" and "Out of Africa" were among the most successful of the 1970s and '80s, died on Monday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 73. The cause was cancer, said a representative of the family.
- Nicholas Graham
Sydney Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American director and actor who played the role of Will's father George Truman. 1 George 2 Appearances 3 External Links 4 References Producer David Kohan served as Pollack's assistant prior to being a writer, and was the one who invited Pollack to play George.1 Oh Dad, Poor Dad, He's Kept Me in the Closet and I'm So Sad Cheaters Cheatin ...
People also ask
Is Sydney Pollack dead?
Where did Sydney Pollack die?
How many movies sydney pollack?
Sydney Pollack was an Academy Award-winning director, producer, actor, writer and public figure, who directed and produced over 40 films. Sydney Irwin Pollack was born July 1, 1934 in Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to Rebecca (Miller), a homemaker, and David Pollack, a professional boxer turned pharmacist.
May 26, 2008 · The last time I saw Sydney Pollack he was doing me a gallant favor. He had become, in recent years, my narrator of choice for the documentaries I produce and write. He had done the voice-over for one of them in the summer of 2007. Sometime after Labor Day it became clear to me that I needed him to do a bit of additional taping.
May 26, 2008 · LOS ANGELES Sydney Pollack, a Hollywood mainstay as director, producer and sometime actor whose star-laden movies like “The Way We Were,” “Tootsie” and “Out of Africa” were among the ...
Sydney Irwin Pollack Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 21 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 films or shows, and produced over 44 films.
Sydney Irwin Pollack (lahir 1 Juli 1934 – meninggal 26 Mei 2008 pada umur 73 tahun) merupakan seorang sutradara, produser, dan aktor berkebangsaan Amerika Serikat yang memenangkan nominasi Academy Award. Dia menjadi terkenal saat menyutradarai film utamanya seperti Havana (1990), The Firm (1993), Sabrina (1995) dan The Interpreter (2005).
Sydney Pollack (Lafayette, Indiana, 1934. július 1. – Los Angeles, Kalifornia, 2008. május 26.) Oscar-díjas amerikai filmrendező, producer és színész.Több mint huszonegy filmet és tíz televíziós műsort rendezett, több mint harmincban játszott, producerként jegyzett munkái pedig negyven fölötti számot mutatnak.