Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 20 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 movies or shows and produced over 44 films. His 1985 film Out of Africa won him Academy Awards for directing and producing.
- Actor, producer, director
- Sydney Irwin Pollack, July 1, 1934, Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American movie and television director, producer and actor. Pollack was born in Lafayette, Indiana. During his childhood he moved to South Bend, Indiana. He moved to New York City when he was 17. He won an Emmy Award in 1966.
- Georges Huisman (1946), Georges Huisman (1947), Georges Huisman (1949), André Maurois (1951), Maurice Genevoix (1952), Jean Cocteau (1953), Jean Cocteau (1954), Marcel Pagnol (1955), Maurice Lehmann (1956), André Maurois (1957), Marcel Achard (1958), Marcel Achard (1959), Georges Simenon (1960), Jean Giono (1961), Tetsurō Furukaki (1962), Armand Salacrou (1963), Fritz Lang (1964), Olivia de Havilland (1965), Sophia Loren (1966), Alessandro Blasetti (1967), André Chamson (1968), Luchino Visconti (1969), Miguel Ángel Asturias (1970), Michèle Morgan (1971), Joseph Losey (1972), Ingrid Bergman (1973), René Clair (1974), Jeanne Moreau (1975)
- Liv Ullmann (2001), David Lynch (2002), Patrice Chéreau (2003), Quentin Tarantino (2004), Emir Kusturica (2005), Wong Kar-wai (2006), Stephen Frears (2007), Sean Penn (2008), Isabelle Huppert (2009), Tim Burton (2010), Robert De Niro (2011), Nanni Moretti (2012), Steven Spielberg (2013), Jane Campion (2014), Joel Coen and Ethan Coen (2015), George Miller (2016), Pedro Almodóvar (2017), Cate Blanchett (2018), Alejandro González Iñárritu (2019), Spike Lee (2020)
- Tennessee Williams (1976), Roberto Rossellini (1977), Alan J. Pakula (1978), Françoise Sagan (1979), Kirk Douglas (1980), Jacques Deray (1981), Giorgio Strehler (1982), William Styron (1983), Dirk Bogarde (1984), Miloš Forman (1985), Sydney Pollack (1986), Yves Montand (1987), Ettore Scola (1988), Wim Wenders (1989), Bernardo Bertolucci (1990), Roman Polanski (1991), Gérard Depardieu (1992), Louis Malle (1993), Clint Eastwood (1994), Jeanne Moreau (1995), Francis Ford Coppola (1996), Isabelle Adjani (1997), Martin Scorsese (1998), David Cronenberg (1999), Luc Besson (2000)
Sydney Pollack, Director: Tootsie. Sydney Pollack was an Academy Award-winning director, producer, actor, writer and public figure, who directed and produced over 40 films. Sydney Irwin Pollack was born July 1, 1934 in Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to Rebecca (Miller), a homemaker, and David Pollack, a professional boxer turned pharmacist. All of his grandparents were Russian Jewish ...
- July 1, 1934
- May 26, 2008
People also ask
How many movies sydney pollack?
When did sydney pollack die?
Who is Sydney Pollack?
When did pollack get award?
Sydney Pollack as Thomas Bailey, Sr. Chris Messina as Dennis; Kadeem Hardison as Felix; Richmond Arquette as Gary; Busy Philipps as Melissa; Whitney Cummings as Stephanie; Sarah Wright as Sexy blonde; Emily Nelson as Hilary; James Sikking as Reverend Foote; Christine Barger as Psychoblogger; Kevin Sussman as Tiny Shorts Guy; Beau Garrett as Gloria; Kelly Carlson as Christie Bailey
Sydney Pollack, född 1 juli 1934 i Lafayette i Indiana, död 26 maj 2008 i Pacific Palisades i Los Angeles, Kalifornien, var en amerikansk filmregissör, producent och skådespelare. Han regisserade fler än 21 filmer och 10 TV-serier, han medverkade som skådespelare i mer än 30 filmer och TV-serier och producerade mer än 44 filmer.
Sydney Pollack's Out of Africa (1985), with Redford in the male lead role opposite Meryl Streep, became a large box office success (combined 1985 and 1986 grossess placed it at No. 5 for 1986), won a Golden Globe for Best Picture, and won seven Oscars, including Best Picture. Streep was nominated for Best Actress but Redford did not receive a ...
Sydney Pollack as George Fields, Michael's agent; George Gaynes as John Van Horn, a soap opera actor; Geena Davis as April Page, a soap opera actress; Lynne Thigpen as Jo, a production aide; Ellen Foley as Jacqui, a production aide; Anne Shropshire as Mrs. Crawley, Julie's babysitter; Amy Lawrence as Amy, Julie's daughter; Susan Egbert as Diane, Jeff's girlfriend
Sydney Pollack (n. 1 iulie 1934 - d. 26 mai 2008) a fost un regizor, producător și actor american, câștigător al premiului Oscar în anul 1985 cu filmul Departe de Africa (Out of Africa). A regizat mai bine de 21 de filme, a jucat în peste 30 de filme și a produs peste 44 de filme. A încetat din viață răpus de un cancer pe data de 26 ...
Pollack's daughter, Rebecca Pollack, served as vice president of film production at United Artists during the late 1990s. He directed 12 different actors in Oscar-nominated performances: Jane Fonda , Gig Young , Susannah York , Barbra Streisand , Paul Newman , Melinda Dillon , Jessica Lange , Dustin Hoffman , Teri Garr , Meryl Streep , Klaus Maria Brandauer and Holly Hunter .