From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 20 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 movies or shows and produced over 44 films. His 1985 film Out of Africa won him Academy Awards for directing and producing.
- Actor, producer, director
- Sydney Irwin Pollack, July 1, 1934, Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
Sydney Pollack, in full Sydney Irwin Pollack, (born July 1, 1934, Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.—died May 26, 2008, Pacific Palisades, California), American director, producer, and actor who helmed a number of popular films, including The Way We Were (1973), Tootsie (1982), Out of Africa (1985), and The Firm (1993).
People also ask
What is Sydney Pollack famous for?
How many movies sydney pollack?
Who is Sydney Pollack?
When did sydney pollack die?
Sydney Pollack was a renowned American director, producer and actor best known for his film ‘Out of Africa’, which won him Academy Awards for directing and producing. Born in early 1930s to first generation Russian-American parents, His formative years, spent at South Bend, were not happy one.
Sydney / ˈ s ɪ d n i / (SID-nee, Dharug: Cadi) is the capital city of the state of New South Wales, and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km (43.5 mi) on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur ...
Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American movie and television director, producer and actor. Pollack was born in Lafayette, Indiana. During his childhood he moved to South Bend, Indiana. He moved to New York City when he was 17.
- Georges Huisman (1946), Georges Huisman (1947), Georges Huisman (1949), André Maurois (1951), Maurice Genevoix (1952), Jean Cocteau (1953), Jean Cocteau (1954), Marcel Pagnol (1955), Maurice Lehmann (1956), André Maurois (1957), Marcel Achard (1958), Marcel Achard (1959), Georges Simenon (1960), Jean Giono (1961), Tetsurō Furukaki (1962), Armand Salacrou (1963), Fritz Lang (1964), Olivia de Havilland (1965), Sophia Loren (1966), Alessandro Blasetti (1967), André Chamson (1968), Luchino Visconti (1969), Miguel Ángel Asturias (1970), Michèle Morgan (1971), Joseph Losey (1972), Ingrid Bergman (1973), René Clair (1974), Jeanne Moreau (1975)
- Liv Ullmann (2001), David Lynch (2002), Patrice Chéreau (2003), Quentin Tarantino (2004), Emir Kusturica (2005), Wong Kar-wai (2006), Stephen Frears (2007), Sean Penn (2008), Isabelle Huppert (2009), Tim Burton (2010), Robert De Niro (2011), Nanni Moretti (2012), Steven Spielberg (2013), Jane Campion (2014), Joel Coen and Ethan Coen (2015), George Miller (2016), Pedro Almodóvar (2017), Cate Blanchett (2018), Alejandro González Iñárritu (2019), Spike Lee (2020)
- Tennessee Williams (1976), Roberto Rossellini (1977), Alan J. Pakula (1978), Françoise Sagan (1979), Kirk Douglas (1980), Jacques Deray (1981), Giorgio Strehler (1982), William Styron (1983), Dirk Bogarde (1984), Miloš Forman (1985), Sydney Pollack (1986), Yves Montand (1987), Ettore Scola (1988), Wim Wenders (1989), Bernardo Bertolucci (1990), Roman Polanski (1991), Gérard Depardieu (1992), Louis Malle (1993), Clint Eastwood (1994), Jeanne Moreau (1995), Francis Ford Coppola (1996), Isabelle Adjani (1997), Martin Scorsese (1998), David Cronenberg (1999), Luc Besson (2000)
Sydney Pollack was an Academy Award-winning director, producer, actor, writer and public figure, who directed and produced over 40 films. Sydney Irwin Pollack was born July 1, 1934 in Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to Rebecca (Miller), a homemaker, and David Pollack, a professional boxer turned pharmacist.
The Firm is a 1993 American legal thriller film directed by Sydney Pollack and starring Tom Cruise, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Holly Hunter, Hal Holbrook and David Strathairn. The film is based on the 1991 novel The Firm by author John Grisham .
Sydney Irwin Pollack (lahir 1 Juli 1934 – meninggal 26 Mei 2008 pada umur 73 tahun) merupakan seorang sutradara, produser, dan aktor berkebangsaan Amerika Serikat yang memenangkan nominasi Academy Award. Dia menjadi terkenal saat menyutradarai film utamanya seperti Havana (1990), The Firm (1993), Sabrina (1995) dan The Interpreter (2005).
Sydney Pollack, född 1 juli 1934 i Lafayette i Indiana, död 26 maj 2008 i Pacific Palisades i Los Angeles, Kalifornien, var en amerikansk filmregissör, producent och skådespelare. Han regisserade fler än 21 filmer och 10 TV-serier, han medverkade som skådespelare i mer än 30 filmer och TV-serier och producerade mer än 44 filmer.