Sydney Irwin Pollack was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 20 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 movies or shows and produced over 44 films. His 1985 film Out of Africa won him Academy Awards for directing and producing. He was also nominated for Best Director Oscars for They Shoot Horses, Don't They? and Tootsie. Some of his other best-known works include Jeremiah Johnson, The Way We Were, Three Days of the Condor and Absence of Malice. His s
- Actor, producer, director
- Sydney Irwin Pollack, July 1, 1934, Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American movie and television director, producer and actor. Pollack was born in Lafayette, Indiana. During his childhood he moved to South Bend, Indiana. He moved to New York City when he was 17.
- Georges Huisman (1946), Georges Huisman (1947), Georges Huisman (1949), André Maurois (1951), Maurice Genevoix (1952), Jean Cocteau (1953), Jean Cocteau (1954), Marcel Pagnol (1955), Maurice Lehmann (1956), André Maurois (1957), Marcel Achard (1958), Marcel Achard (1959), Georges Simenon (1960), Jean Giono (1961), Tetsurō Furukaki (1962), Armand Salacrou (1963), Fritz Lang (1964), Olivia de Havilland (1965), Sophia Loren (1966), Alessandro Blasetti (1967), André Chamson (1968), Luchino Visconti (1969), Miguel Ángel Asturias (1970), Michèle Morgan (1971), Joseph Losey (1972), Ingrid Bergman (1973), René Clair (1974), Jeanne Moreau (1975)
- Liv Ullmann (2001), David Lynch (2002), Patrice Chéreau (2003), Quentin Tarantino (2004), Emir Kusturica (2005), Wong Kar-wai (2006), Stephen Frears (2007), Sean Penn (2008), Isabelle Huppert (2009), Tim Burton (2010), Robert De Niro (2011), Nanni Moretti (2012), Steven Spielberg (2013), Jane Campion (2014), Joel Coen and Ethan Coen (2015), George Miller (2016), Pedro Almodóvar (2017), Cate Blanchett (2018), Alejandro González Iñárritu (2019), Spike Lee (2020)
- Tennessee Williams (1976), Roberto Rossellini (1977), Alan J. Pakula (1978), Françoise Sagan (1979), Kirk Douglas (1980), Jacques Deray (1981), Giorgio Strehler (1982), William Styron (1983), Dirk Bogarde (1984), Miloš Forman (1985), Sydney Pollack (1986), Yves Montand (1987), Ettore Scola (1988), Wim Wenders (1989), Bernardo Bertolucci (1990), Roman Polanski (1991), Gérard Depardieu (1992), Louis Malle (1993), Clint Eastwood (1994), Jeanne Moreau (1995), Francis Ford Coppola (1996), Isabelle Adjani (1997), Martin Scorsese (1998), David Cronenberg (1999), Luc Besson (2000)
Sydney Pollack, in full Sydney Irwin Pollack, (born July 1, 1934, Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.—died May 26, 2008, Pacific Palisades, California), American director, producer, and actor who helmed a number of popular films, including The Way We Were (1973), Tootsie (1982), Out of Africa (1985), and The Firm (1993). Although lacking a distinctive style, he was known for eliciting strong performances from actors.
People also ask
Who is Sydney Pollack?
How many movies sydney pollack?
How did Sydney Pollack die?
Where was Sydney Pollack born?
Sydney Pollack was an Academy Award-winning director, producer, actor, writer and public figure, who directed and produced over 40 films. Sydney Irwin Pollack was born July 1, 1934 in Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to Rebecca (Miller), a homemaker, and David Pollack, a professional boxer turned pharmacist.
Sydney Irwin Pollack was born on July 1, 1934 in Lafayette, Indiana. His father, David Pollack, was a pharmacist and a semi-professional boxer and mother, Rebecca (née Miller) was a pianist and a singer. He had a brother; Bernie, who later became a costume designer, actor and producer.
Sydney Pollack (Lafayette, Indiana, 1934. július 1. – Los Angeles, Kalifornia, 2008. május 26.) Oscar-díjas amerikai filmrendező, producer és színész. Több mint huszonegy filmet és tíz televíziós műsort rendezett, több mint harmincban játszott, producerként jegyzett munkái pedig negyven fölötti számot mutatnak.
Sydney Pollack, född 1 juli 1934 i Lafayette i Indiana, död 26 maj 2008 i Pacific Palisades i Los Angeles, Kalifornien, var en amerikansk filmregissör, producent och skådespelare. Han regisserade fler än 21 filmer och 10 TV-serier, han medverkade som skådespelare i mer än 30 filmer och TV-serier och producerade mer än 44 filmer.
Indigenous Australianshave inhabited the Sydney area for at least 30,000 years, and thousands of engravingsremain throughout the region, making it one of the richest in Australia in terms of Aboriginal archaeological sites.
Pollock died at the age of 44 in an alcohol-related single-car accident when he was driving. In December 1956, four months after his death, Pollock was given a memorial retrospective exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City.
Pollak was born in San Francisco, California. He is the younger son of Elaine Harlow and Robert Pollak. He has one older brother, Craig, who lives in San Jose, California. He attended high school at Pioneer High School in San Jose. Pollak was raised in Reform Judaism.