The 21st ( twenty-first) century is the current century in the Anno Domini era or Common Era, under the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001 ( MMI) and will end on December 31, 2100 (MMC). The 21st century is the first century of the 3rd millennium .
Twenty-year Eritrean–Ethiopian border conflict formally ends. Yellow vests movement becomes France's largest sustained period of civil unrest since 1968. The Sunda strait tsunami kills 426 and injures 14,000 and the 2018 Sulawesi earthquake and tsunami kills 4,340 and injures 10,700.
The 21st century contains the 100 years, starting from January 1, 2001, and ending on December 31st, 2100. However, the commencement of the 21st century was celebrated one year early, that is, on January 1st, 2000, because of the significant change in the digits of the year from 1999 to 2000!
The 20th Century consists of the years 1901 through 2000 and will end Dec. 31, 2000. The 21st Century will begin Jan. 1, 2001.” What happened at the turn of the 21st century? The 21st century is the first century of the 3rd millennium.
People also ask
What years are included in the 21st century?
What is the last sum date in the 21st century?
When did the 21st century begin?
What was the first day of the 21st century?
The 21st Century Started in 2001 In 1999, the world was preparing for the New Year's party of a lifetime. The year number in the Gregorian calendar was about to tick over to 2000, supposedly ushering in not only the 21st century but also the 3rd millennium CE. However, the party was held one year too early—it should have been on January 1, 2001.
- Smartphones Are Everywhere. What did we ever do before the invention of the smartphone? KARRASTOCK/Getty Images. Apple rolled out its first smartphone — a hand-held computer and mobile phone mashed into one — in 2007.
- Social Media Sites Take Off. With the handiness of a computer in our pockets, social media became the method of communication for billions around the world.
- We Now Connect Via WiFi. "We stand," declared Wired magazine in 2003, "at the brink of a transformation." The article was titled "The Wi-Fi Revolution," and the technology, indeed, was ground-shaking.
- Memes and Emojis Spread Like Wildfire. Memes, like "the distracted boyfriend," are now part of our everyday lexicon. Wikimedia. That smiley face, that shrugging guy, the finger gun, the tears of joy.
- Revision of predictions
The Next 100 Years is a 2009 book by George Friedman. In the book, Friedman attempts to predict the major geopolitical events and trends of the 21st century. Friedman also speculates in the book on changes in technology and culture that may take place during this period.
Friedman predicts that the United States will remain the dominant global superpower throughout the 21st century and that the history of the 21st century will consist mainly of attempts by other world powers to challenge US dominance. Although mainly about the geopolitics and wars of the century, the book also makes some economic, social, and technological predictions for the 21st century.
In 2015, Stratfor published a decade forecast for 2015 to 2025, which revised the predictions on China and Russia made in the book. Rather than the Russian government completely collapsing, it envisioned that the Russian government would lose much of its power, and the country would gradually fragment into a series of semi-autonomous regions. In addition, while the book had postulated that Chinese fragmentation was more likely than the re-imposition of authoritarian rule, the analysis predicted
- United States
- George Friedman
Its years will all* start with 21, proceeding up to the distant 2199. And as we all know, we're currently in the 21st century, but the years start with 20. And in the 20th century, they all started with 19, and in the 19th, with 18, and so on. No 22nd century spoilers, please.
- The Greatest Generation: (1901- 1924) They were considered great because they showed remarkable determination and resilience during the two wars and the depression years.
- The Silent Generation: (1925 – 1945) The Silent generation – also called the Traditionalists was a cohort born between 1925 and 1945 just after WWI and during WWII and the Greatest Depression.
- The Baby Boomer Generation: (1946 – 1964) The Baby Boomer birth years fell between 1946 and 1964, spanning an age range of 18 years. They were born at a time when WWII had just ended and there was a sense of hope in the US, in particular.
- Generation X: (1965 – 1979) The age range for Generation X lasted only 14 years, stretching between 1965 and 1979. Also called Baby Buster or Gen X, the cohort reversed the baby boom trend by registering low birth rates!